Steven Seagal... why does it seem everyone is so down on the guy?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Ok, so he might be arrogant, no personality, and a poor actor... BUT doesn't one have to respect his accomplishments at the very least? A lot of people just seem to clown on the guy and I really understand why?

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

he doesnt have any accomplishments.

unless you count choked out by gene lebell as one

3. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Rumour has it he's a decent aikidoka. :eek:

4. blindside

blindside Valued Member

Can you list the accomplishments he is supposed to be respected for?

5. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Apparently from what I read here http://www.martialartsworldwide.com...se-you-thought-that-steven-seagal-was-a-fake/

That is a rumor and no one has seen it... if it is true, hey, I guess it could happen to anyone right?

My point being is the guy is a 7th dan in Aikido and has studied hard so I just don't know why one wouldn't respect his dedication at least.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Nailing Kelly LeBrock?

7. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

deleted I made an inappropriate joke

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I respect his aikido achievements. Sadly that doesn't overrule him being an egotistical ****. Te dude thought he was bad enough that the cia were trying to kill him and there's also a story about him assualting stuntmen on set. Plus his music career.

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

How do you know he studied hard?

I'm not saying he didn't but rank can be attained in many ways, don't just take things at face value.

Oh and Thunderbox!

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Yeah but weren't there rumours that he nailed her in the not so good way?

11. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

-whoa I am not joking about this, Steven Seagal is a bloody scumbag.

12. Mangosteen

he put some girl into slavery iirc

hes a slightly hard working, very overweight, grown man with a pony tail that is scum

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

He also wears shooting glasses indoors. I saw him wearing them when he was "coaching" Silva and thought it summed him up nicely. He also tried to claim credit for Machida's crane kick

14. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaVDFW_o1cA"]Steven Seagal teaches Anderson Silva some moves - YouTube[/ame]

15. Mangosteen

lol seagull didnt teach silva anything - it was publicity
    look how bored silva looks.

16. Combat Sports

Yeah he looked particularly bored when he hit the floor from a wrist lock.

17. Mangosteen

any wristlock is gonna cause pain.
    being able to pull off the stuff seagull taught in the ring - unlikely, especially since seagull has basically no ring experience, and when he had fought proto-MMA guys like gene lebell t was behind closed doors and he lost horribly

it was all publicity. few of his moves are high percentage against top level MMA guys.

18. Mangosteen

if you're actually saying that seagull taught machida and silva anything of massive impact to their game then its better that we simply dont converse.

obtaining a blackbelt in anything is somewhat of an accomplishment but thats pretty much seagulls only one. the terrible movies he is in dont count as accomplishments.

19. Combat Sports

I am sorry man, but this is kind of laughable. Why the hell would you take that so personally?

I actually didn't inflect anything at all. All I did was post a link. I think you are wrong when you said he looked bored. I think that was projection on your part.

The rest of your argument was you arguing with someone else, saying things I never said. So if it's better that we not converse I think it has more to do with the fact that you are replying to things I didn't say. The world will not suddenly end if someone thinks that Steven Seagul did anything for Anderson Silva.

It's when keyboard warriors take themselves so seriously that people do things that make them unfit to converse with. Do you know Anderson Silva? Do you know Steven Seagull? Did you hang around with them when they were hanging out? No. It's all vaporware.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  20. Mangosteen

yay! you said seagull too!

nah i didnt take it personally, its just that MAP has hashed over the "Seagull teaches MMA fighters and they win" argument so many times i cant be bothered to get involved in another one.

yes i am replying to other people in the same post. apologies, i didnt make that clear.