Dealing with Kyokushin Karate

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by StingKing, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StingKing

StingKing Valued Member

I like to watch video clips on Youtube and I came across clips of Kyokushin karate on there.

Then I thought, how on earth is ninjutsu going to deal with something as powerful and vicious as Kyokushin? It's a genuine question.

Most punches and kicks are fast and withdraw immediately.

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

In case you weren't aware, good martial artists are powerful and vicious. Good martial artists have fast punches and kicks that withdraw immediately.

I thought the point of doing martial arts was to learn how to deal with powerful, vicious opponents, who have fast punches and kicks that withdraw immediately.

What have you been doing, that makes it so that you don't have any idea of how to deal with fast, powerful punches and kicks????

3. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Kyokushin Karate is very popular in Japan it is kind of like TKD in America. Very brutal.

Train your butt off, is the only advice.

4. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Don't get hit. Run away, strike from the shadows...come on man...think like a ninja.

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Can anyone say, tai sabaki, nage waza, shime waza.

Kempofist please stop being an 'undead' idiot.

6. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

Distance, Balance, Timing...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  7. MagokoroDojo

MagokoroDojo Banned Banned

You guys are so easily sucked in by the trolls.

This forum is comedy gold.

8. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

How does ninjitusu deal with Kyokushin Karate? I don't think the two have a relationship. Not anymore, since Kyokushin broke up with Ninjutsu for running its mouth too much and training too little.

I will take a break now to point out that "ninjutsu" cannot deal with "kyokushin" because neither of the two are sentient beings. The practitioners of these arts are and they do the dealing.

Now, if your trainig does not enable you to better deal with someone who is fast, strong, athletic and hits hard, you should be training in something else. Which brings me to my next point: LARPing.
    On LARPing: stop it, for the love of God, stop it, please. If you keep LARPing, your ninjutsu won't be able to deal with a paralyzed mosquito stuck to fly paper.

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Exellente!

10. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Here we go again. Yay! "where is flashlock` looking over the shoulder. I`m sure he`ll have something of value to add. Perhaps the Moderators should just lock every thread that goes beyond 5 posts. :rolleyes:

Such wisdom, such insight, such a beating of a dead horse. You probably yell at your mother for not cooking with aliveness. Or not washing your shorts with aliveness, or packing your lunch with aliveness.

Maybe aliveness = board trolling as a part of their training. Train alive = troll the hell out of people. I don`t have T.V. so this is mildly entertaining kind of like picking on your younger brother I suppose. But it must be a hobby of aliveness fanatics to troll the heck out of forums.

11. Hiroji

Scarlets post mentions nothing about aliveness.

It is more about the individual and how we train and how individuals make the difference; as apposed to a style vs style, or aliveness plump.

12. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Just wait.

13. Hiroji

Well it looks like the waiting is over, as you have started something! :p

14. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

It's worth noting that if this question was posed (and taken seriously mind you) in say the boxing forum, they'd say, "Abuse his lack of experience with head striking and pick shots to the jaw and face"

Muay Thai would say something similar, except adding in about using leg kicks to set up those punches

BJJ/Judo/Sambo would all say, close the distance and clinch/take the fight to the ground, or try to suck in the leg by baiting a kick to the mid section by leaving their side exposed.

Most all including Karate guys would say train harder and spar with people who DO train Kyokushin to experience it (experience is always the best teacher) rather than looking for a quick answer in regards to some nonexistent stylistic matchup on a message board.

15. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Yeah, I think this one is all my fault. :D I did start it, well kind of added fuel to it, maybe I should edit the post. But seriously, hasn`t every other post had some larper comment made as a blanket statement for everyones training, something should be done. But, instead I did at fuel to the fire. I seriously need to learn these things.

But, i can already predict the content of the next 200 posts.

16. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Good post!

17. Zannen!

Zannen! Banned Banned

Bad post!

18. Hiroji

You could be right, but lets not let it happen again.

KF is right with his post.

Kyokushin is a very hard martial art - but like all it does have its flaws.

Like fist pointed out, they train with very minimal head contact so you would want to exploit that as much as possible.

but at the same time you might not want to stand toe to toe, as most kyokushin fights are like this, if this happens go to the head or clinch asap or just move out of range

Chances are they will be better conditioned than a ninja, with all the full contact body shots too, so once again the head is the best target.

plus, i dont know a right lot about Ninjitsu, but dont forget to use all the things you know works for you.

19. Pyro940

Pyro940 Valued Member

You could just try hitting the guy back!!!

or even better first!!!!!!

;)

20. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

OP, I have never trained in kyokushin karate, but there is a gym I used to go to that taught it. I've seen matches of kyokushin karate, and watched them spar and train.

You should ask yourself why it intimidated you. It's obviously making you question your training or choosen art in some way. What aspects? Maybe you're not used to being attacked at the level of intensity you saw the kyokushin guys do on youtube? If not, what is causing your fear?

Edit (Removed derrogatory anti-Karate comment). Taijutsu has many simple solutions, the main one would be distance--staying outside the strikes or going in so close you can grapple. Karate is too rigid a style in general, and it is in that weakness where a ninpo taijutsu practioner can, theroetically, take advantage with his/her flexible (more dynamic) strategy. Come on! You must know 5 ways to unbalance an opponent who kicks high, right?

Just as there are bad ass taijutsu guys, there are bad ass karate guys. If you go to a kyokushin karate class (God forbid you look beyond your ninja dojo) you will see excellent martial artists and you will see overweight lumps of crap, and skinny pale wimps. Just like in Taijutsu, Aikido, and BJJ. Don't just watch youtube clips, go to a kyukushin dojo and spar them.

You can't lose. You'll either do well and it will validate your training, or you'll get your ass handed to you in a Dixie cup with your teeth, and you'll learn you need to work on your fighting. Find the most aggressive, scary SOB karate Muy Thai nut, put pads on, and ask him to go crazy on you.

You might surprise yourself...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.