Joint Lock Flow Drill/DVD?

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by MarcoPolo, Jun 24, 2005.

1. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo New Member

Guys,

As a newbie to HKD, i'm noticing some "relationships" as techniques work together (i.e. knifehand armbar rolling back into a wrist lock) I wondered if anyone had a good resource or DVD recommendation for a flow drill so I can see and practice them flowing together?

Thanks Guys!

2. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Hey MP,

Bruce Lee student & JKD practitioner, Larry Hartsell, has a pretty neat empty-handed Kali flowing lock drill. It's a series of individual joint-manipulations of the arms that seem to blend well together. With your HKD background, you should be able to bridge the movements that aren't detailed between each set of pics.

If you don't have the book already, check it out at a bookstore. Admittedly, I forget exactly which book it is ( :confused: ) because mine are stored away in crates. However, I do know for a fact that it's contained in one of the following two books:

1) Jeet Kune Do - Entering To Trapping To Grappling;

...or in its sequel...

2) Jeet Kune Do - Counterattack, Grappling Counters and Reversals.

Cheers :)

P.S. Even though the book isn't specifically on HKD, the lock drill would apply to your training because the human body is the same. There are only so many ways that it can move, etc. But you knew that already ;)