A Woman's Experiences in BJJ

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Rhea, Apr 6, 2008.

1. bnyd

bnyd Valued Member

Thanks for the article!

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I can't believe this is still being read and commented on! Thankyou all for reading :)

3. ITaikido

ITaikido Valued Member

Some of us just got here! :)

4. timex

timex Valued Member

women in bjj and mma

what-no more comments? -this is important thread--would like to read about how the women are doing in bjj and mma---it's inspirational and has helped me -THANKS!!!

5. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Beautifully written article. :) I was sad to read that you're retired from MA in your profile, as I was looking forward to reading more of these from you in the future.

6. BJJamie

BJJamie New Member

I actually wrote my thoughts on why people need to train MMA and BJJ in this article - check it out: Link removed

Welcome to MAP.

I'm afraid we don't allow links back to personal sites or blogs.

Why not post your thoughts on MAP?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  7. doublejabbing

doublejabbing New Member

When my daughter reaches the age of 5 or 6, the first thing I am doing is placing her in bjj for discipline and self defence.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Put her in it for fun instead - the other two benefits are largely ancillary, especially at that age :)

9. Rebecca_Daw

Rebecca_Daw New Member

Nice article! Women can do anything.

10. hichamaziz

hichamaziz New Member

i find that very useful.

11. maxgadgetuk

maxgadgetuk New Member

This is very well written article

12. AmandaSimon

AmandaSimon New Member

Women are participating in every field. One of my best friends is a bjj player. And I her passion and dedication towards its bjj.

13. UrbanOkami

UrbanOkami New Member

Hey Rhea how are you? I've seen more women come into train here in SF and I've seen a growing number of women in Bjj that are raising the bar. Continue to motivate and inspire .

- Okami

14. LondonWingChun

LondonWingChun New Member

Good to hear your perspective Rhea.

We're very fortunate to have a high female to male BJJ member ratio at our gym, so everyone is quite experienced in how to train with different types of people. As you mentioned, it's not just women but smaller people in general who can suffer the awkward consequences of a lack of diversity in a gym. Ultimately, the more everyone is able to relax with each other, the more everyone learns and improves their technique.

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Krolan995

Krolan995 New Member

it was always interesting to try yourself in BJJ ))