What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I have a copy of Splinter Cell Conviction, it's still staring at me wanting to be played. For some reason I haven't gotten round to playing it yet although I'm told it's superb.

Wait, what?! A new Deus Ex game?! :eek:

Going through being a pacifist is awesome.

Thinking about it, the only style I haven't played is just as a total hacker with as few combat skills as possible. I must give it a go. The DLC for it is pretty good as well, but it really should be part of the main game IMO.

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Your missing out on somethng very special, for the 4-5 hours it lasts you'll end up seeing every shadow as a possible hiding spot. Smashing the lights in your home isn't advisable though.

Baza

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Saw it announced back in January for Xbox 1 and PS4 and called Deus Ex Universe.

Have not seen much detail on it yet but yet another push for me to cross the bridge to current gen systems.

4. Rhythmkiller

I wouldn't mate, i'm still playing my 360 and my X1 is gathering dust. Since dark Souls 2 came out Titanfall has kinda been just sitting there. Don't see much coming out in the near future either with the exception of Halo 2 Anniversary that is.

Baza

5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Looking at the Witcher 3 as well.. thinking of getting a PS4 as I have heard that it has higher spec hardware.

Might wait a bit through as still have a massive back catalogue to finish mainly Skyrim as now level 56 and about time I complete the main storyline....

6. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

I recently played the new Thief reboot.

It was horrible! :cry:

7. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Valued Member

The new upgraded "Directors Cut" edition (very cheap for the owner of original Deus ex HR and/or DLC) has the DLC integrated to the game, at the right time too and some other fixes.

Yeah, there been some talk about the new game. Also they published the Deus Ex Fall game on some systems + PC but it sucks to be honest.

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Ooh, I'll have to get that then. Seen the Director's cut for the Wii U for about £5 but wasn't sure if it was worth it. Will buy it next month then.

I'd heard there was an iPhone/PC/thingey version of the game, but I heard it sucked monkey balls. I'd like to see a new one for the Ps4/xBox though.

9. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Deus Ex Human Revolution is awesome.

Splinter Cell: Conviction is rubbish (well, not rubbish, but they made some really odd choices and it just isn't really a true Splinter Cell game to me), better off getting Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Deniable Ops is good fun for co-op though.

10. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Agreed wasn't a fan of it at all.

Starting to play Fifa 14 and Infamous Second Sun on the PS4. Second Sun is awesome, heaps of fun. Fifa seems good but haven't played much yet.

11. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

FIFA is definitely a franchise with a learning curve. Is this your first one or have you been keeping up with it?

12. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Valued Member

The boss fights are revamped too, forgot to mention. I think they still have to be killed, but you can do it by hacking devices etc, you dont necessarily have to shoot them yourself

13. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

First in a long time. I played 2005 on the old xbox but not since then.

14. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

As a fan of the original series (I think one of the first video games I ever owned was Thief II: The Metal Age) I was holding my breath all the way through development. They kept on promising that they'd be faithful to the spirit of the originals... ...and then they gave us a poorly written kleptomaniac batman for a protagonist in a setting that is far more befitting of a "Les Miserables" production than a stealth game.

So disappointed...

15. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Just started playing Star Wars the force unleashed... Never really appealed before but it is a excellent game and story from what I have seen so far.. Force gripping and throwing storm troopers off buildings will never get old...

Also just brought the DLC which is on sale on gold :)

16. Rhythmkiller

Both the force unleashed games got horrible reviews but i loved them. Have them both. Starkiller is a terrible name for a character though and the games to get really repetitive but still worth a purchase.

Baza

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Probably why Lucas changed it to Skywalker in the films. ;)

18. Rhythmkiller

Interesting........

Baza

19. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Its a good game, my only gripe is the terrible targeting system which keeps targeting the wrong object when trying to use force grip/throw.

Can be a little repetitive but great atmosphere and story keeps me going, playing alongside Orcs and Men which is a great little RPG IMO.

Cheers

Dan

20. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I've been trying to play The Old Republic again but between the game installer randomly closing and never getting any emails from the login system it seems the game still has all the horrible problems it had when it first launched. So that's depressing. I have a star wars itch that can't be scratched.