Game of Thrones S4

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Bozza Bostik, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

So, one of the greatest TV shows ever has finally returned to brighten up my dull life!

I'm really impressed with the series; top acting, good story, bit of tension, some humour. Fantastic stuff. I'm pretty amazed at how every season has been a winner. There is obviously weaker episodes, but nothing drastic, unlike The Walking Dead, which is very hit n' miss.

The last scene in E1 with The Hound and Arya Stark was great...I thought she was such a nice girl!!

Who's watching it and what do ya think?

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I skimmed through the first few seasons but will probably pay attention to this one. I liked this last one when that little douchecanoe died. I googled who killed him though, I don't like to wait for plot to reveal itself. This show isn't good enough for that, and I have the option of looking it up. :p

It is a good show though. I'll make sure to post as many spoilers I can without warning throughout the thread, just to boost my popularity on MAP. :D

(Kidding, of course)

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Oberyn Martell is awesome. Anything involving Dorne in the books sent me to sleep, but he has been nailing it in the first two episodes of this season.

4. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Love the show. Just talked my wife into watching season 1 through 3 and once she's done we'll watch season 4. Arya Stark and "The Imp" are the best in the show.......nah they're all good.

Baza

5. Bozza Bostik

I haven't read the books. Why did Dorne send you to sleep?

6. holyheadjch

I just found it all incredibly boring. It didn't seem to have any connection to the rest of the story. I'm hoping the TV show does a better job.

7. Bozza Bostik

I can't get my girlfriend to watch it. She hates fantasy / sci-fi with a passion. I've tried to explain that it's like the political stuff she likes, but with medieval warriors and the odd witch and dragon.

Probably for the best though. I get some peace when I watch it.

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I seem to remember there's a lot of conspiring and talk about what happened in the past, but very little that feels as if its directly progressing the main plot or any of the interesting characters.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

If we're talking spoilers then having read all the books so far...

Tyrion has been dead all along and is really a ghost, Sansa is a man, Cersei has been Keyser Söze the whole time, Winterfell is actually in a nature reserve and Tywin is Arya's father.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I found the books to be very like real history in that there are some really boring sections, characters you think are important fizzle out and don't play much part, things that appear interesting don't develop, women get a very bad lot in life and it goes on forever.

11. Bozza Bostik

I haven't read the books. They'll probably ruin the series for me, so I'm waiting for the show to finish or be on the last couple of seasons.

I always find it hard to watch a TV series or film after I've read the books. The other way is ok though.

12. holyheadjch

Lol, putting one true thing in there was a stroke of genius. Now people are going to go crazy trying to work out which one was true.

13. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You are a horrible, horrible man.

I'm now going to be sitting here all day wondering what the hell is going on, or if you're trolling us. I might even have to forgo dinner tonight.

:mad:

===========

Loving the last couple of episodes of S4. I get the feeling this season that a lot of people are going to die, even more so than in the first few seasons anyway :)

I should read the books though. It's kinda funny really. I was the one who got my wife into GoT because I saw the TV series. We watched the first episode together and she got bored, but I stuck it out and started raving about how good it was. Eventually she watched a bit more, then bought all the books on her kindle and read them.

Now she knows everything that should happen and I have no clue. Which she's enjoying immensely.

But I want to see MOAR of the White Walkers, damn it!

14. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I am going to ask though, who is everyone's favourite characters (past or current) portrayed in the TV series?

I'm rather partial to Lord Varys (is he the guy with the "little birds"?) and Little Finger. And Tyrion. And Tywin.

I still want someone to kill Jaime Lannister though. And Stannis. And Melisandre. And Cersei. And Sansa. And the Mountain.

I have a small wish list. :)

15. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Yeah mate it wasn't easy for me either, my wife is a fan of TOWIE and Eastenders and an endless supply of mind rott and trash tv.

She said to me one night "you never spend time with me anymore", Baza "Thats because every time i walk past the tv i can feel brain cells explode"

The next day - Saturday i say. "you know you were right about last night i should make more of an effort with you" - See what i did there.

"tonight i will put the kids to bed and then go get us a takeaway and we can sit and enjoy each others company"

Then i slip in "as i a making an effort to be all husbandy would you mind doing something for me?"

Her interest piques at this point. I have preloaded GOT S1 E1 on the tv. She says "yes" i'm loving it.
    Arya, Tyrion and "The Hound" - starting to really like Jamie Lannister as well now.

Baza

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  16. Bozza Bostik

In no order.

The Hound
    Lord Varys
    Tyrion
    Arya
    Ygritte
    Bronn (thanks for the reminder)

I think it's the relationship and banter between Bronn and Tyrion though. If there was only the one of them, the character might no be so interesting.

I was just typin' and speaking out aloud, my girlfriend suggested that the names would be great for a litter of puppies. Me being as soft as I am, I'd want to keep the runt and call him Tyrion :(

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Me and the missus have only just watched season 3.
    She was genuinely shocked by The Red Wedding that I knew was coming all along. :)

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I like Bronn. He's about the only character that is honest and says what he thinks and means what he says. :)

19. Bozza Bostik

I was! It was just so sudden (or was I not paying attention?). I never saw it coming. Some characters were acting weird but I wasn't expecting that.

20. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I enjoyed it a lot so far. I'm enjoying Oberyn, like that they seem to be keeping Bronn around for longer than in the books, and I like the recast for Daario. Also liking the guy playing Ramsay and the Theon's dude acting as Reek. Looking forward to all the speculation from the tv-only crowd over who was responsible for the purple wedding :p

In the wake of Joffrey's murder though something someone pointed out that I found funny is it was all over social media with loads of people from other countries being spoiled and someone pointed out how book readers have kept this stuff quiet for 4/5 years and tv people can't do it for a day.

I do have a quick question though for anyone who's read the books:
    is anyone else getting the impression they're changing the Shae story? The twist with her is one I'm really really looking forward to and having Tywin ask to see her seems like they're changing it. Unless I've red the books wrong and Tywin flipped her later on? I thought the idea was that the entire time she was Tywin's puppet?