Judo Check In

Discussion in 'Judo' started by G50, Oct 7, 2005.

1. G50

G50 Night Owl

Since the TKD and HKD forums have a check in, I think we should have 1 too. Please say your belt level, how many years, and what style.

I am Gaylen Zellner and I am starting Judo in January. Don't know what style.

2. smiff

smiff Valued Member

:) Kewl Idea!
    I'm Luke, been doing judo for three years now, only just turned senior. 7th Kyu

3. DeepFreeze

DeepFreeze Lurker

I'm Timo, been doing judo for past 6 years now. 2nd kyu, but I dont really give emphasis on belts. We dont exactly have any "styles" around here, but we follow kodokan/ijf-path.

4. JudoChibiMom

JudoChibiMom New Member

Checkin in

My friends call me Shan, I have been doing Judo for 7 months now. (Its was a 10 year anniversary gift from my husband) I am a yellow belt. kinda old to start but I love love love it.

5. Been doing Judo for 7 years (I was 9). 5th KYU (green) ATM. Second senior grading in November :p

6. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

My belt is green, but I'm fourth kyu. What's the discrepency? Do the belt colors vary regionally?

7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Different countries use different grades.

For example, the BJA in the UK uses 1st/2nd kyu = brown, 3rd/4th kyu = blue, 5th/6th kyu = green, 7th/8th kyu = orange, 9th kyu = yellow.

8. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Judo for 2 1/2 years,

Currently 1st Kyu

K

9. kano junior

kano junior Uchi-Monster!!

Been doin it for about 3 years and am 15th mon (blue three stripes) in junior grades but have been in the senior class for about 1 1/2 years. Turn 16 soon and then i can grade in kyu. Anyone else here form samurai judo club in Swansea?

10. kokanut

kokanut New Member

gary from Minnesota USA-
    I have been learning for the last 41 years

11. beef

beef New Member

Have only just started - been doing JuJitsu and Judo and loving it!

12. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Same here dude. Jutijsu twice a week and Judo once.

13. zmckenzie

zmckenzie New Member

very new to the art

Hey all,

My name is Zachary and originally I wasn’t going to start Judo for another couple of months, but I could not wait. So right now I go to the judo class and one of the instructors are working with me on the side. I am loving the art. I am enjoying it even more the wrestling. The class only meets twice a week, but there are several students that work on everything on the side.

14. Darkslide632

Darkslide632 New Member

Hey,

My name is Nick and I have been playing Judo for 9 years now. I have my Shodan.

15. JudoGuy

JudoGuy Valued Member

My name is Russ and I have been doing Judo for 24 years. I am a 4th Degree Black Belt.

Hope to see you on the mat.

-Russ (The Judo Guy)
    The JudoGi Store
    www.judogis.com

16. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

I have been doing judo for two years. I am currently an Orange belt, although I expect to be testing for green within the next four months!

17. enclosed

enclosed New Member

Name's James Jones, 16yrs old, been doing Judo for 9 years. 1st Kyu. See you on the forums.

18. pmitch89

pmitch89 Thats Nucking Futs!!

Check in

My name is Preston I've been doing Judo for a little less than a year and am still at 9th kyu.

19. BigBadBooth

BigBadBooth New Member

At the time of writing, no belt or Gi and i've done 1 hour. Ooh, but i got to yellow when i was 5 - does that count?

20. sony

sony Valued Member

hi,

im totally new to the forum so i will take the chance to introduce myself. im 26 yrs old, have been doing judo vor two and half yrs now and have the orange belt (4. kyu). i already did judo as a child and had the orange belt back then but after a 14 yr break i started again with the white belt. i plan to take the green belt exam in june.

i live, study and work in vienna.