Guy took down 2 attackers, but could have avoided fighting I think

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Morik, May 10, 2017.

1. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

https://www.facebook.com/NTDTelevision/videos/1862106323831469/

Defender is stopped at an intersection, and in front of him is someone who (I presume) isn't turning as quick as he'd prefer.
    So he is honking at him, as some people are wont to do.

And what do you know a guy gets out of the passenger side of that car and walks over to the trunk, from which he retrieves a bat. The guy walks over to the defender's window and yells some (bleeped out) obscenities.
    Then he walks back around to the front of the car and hits the car with the bat.

Defender jumps out of his car and aggressively approaches the bat-wielder, who swings at him. Guy dodges back, then lunges forward & knocks the guy down with a punch to the jaw. The guy was knocked out.

The driver of the other car jumps out at this point and attacks the defender, who grapples with him, takes him down, and when they come back into frame the defender has him in a choke hold from behind. He chokes him unconscious, puts him down, and then drives off.

My thoughts are:
    - As soon as the guy got out of the passenger side I hope I would recognize things were devolving quickly enough to just drive off the same way he did at the end--pull off towards driver side, go up on the island thingie, around the car, and turn onto the other road.
    - If someone was blocking my car from leaving and brandishing a bat I'd probably accelerate very slowly towards them and basically push them out of the way with the car... plenty slow enough for them to get out of the way before being run over. The car would take some whacks at that point I assume, but I'd be ok with that I think to get out of the situation.
    - This guy was pretty confident in his training, I presume, to jump out of his car like that and approach a guy with a bat... still seems like a bad idea to me though if he could have possibly driven off, and I think he could have.

What would you have done? Other thoughts?

2. morlock

morlock New Member

Even if I KNEW I could beat the hell of a guy with a bat that just thrashed my car, I would probably take the plate and leave. What good is it to me to endanger myself plus my family or friends in the car over a piece of car? I'd get the plate and make of the car and leave.

That being said, there is no telling how one might react in a given situation. What if he is with his pregnant wife? I might have gotten pretty out of control in a situation like that, though the outcome, physically and legally, would probably not have been great.

Learning to control ourselves is probably the most challenging part of life.

That being said, nice hook! "Bad guy" number one took a nice nap in the undergrowth :p

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That video is almost certainly fake

4. morlock

morlock New Member

Watch the head of Batman move upon being hit. They fake real hard in their parts!

5. Hannibal

It's called a "sell" - he turns his head to sell.the hit the happens to.take a nice fall.against the soft brush

The entire thing looks staged

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

First thing I thought of was, "Who was filming this? And why was the camera running?"

Maybe I run with the wrong crowd, or maybe it's just where I live, but my friends don't have video cameras recording what's in front of their cars.

7. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Ah, sorry I see now in some of the comments they mention it is fake.
    I may be a bit too impulsive... :vanish:

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It's been shared all over facebook by people that should, for sure, know better so don't be too hard on yourself.

9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Yeah, definitely one of the better fake fight videos. The way the guy fell into the hedge was pretty good acting!

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I've seen loads of dashcam footage of people fighting/crashing cars.

I looked at it a second time with a sceptical eye and I reckon it's fake too. Guy goes unconscious from the choke waaay too fast.

11. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

The choreography is good, but it just doesn't have that emotion and aggression of a real fight.

I was sus straight away, it just didn't feel real, but it did take a couple of views to confirm the violence could be fake. They did a good job, hope this makes a good showreel for them and they made some money from selling it to that viral video place :)

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yeah, it totally was!

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  13. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Actually, it's possible to choke someone out in just one second if the guy is full of adrenaline and aggression!

14. Hannibal

It's possible for them to faint in fear before the fight, just incredibly unlikely

15. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Haven't looked at the vid yet, but running the person down is the go to self-defence if you are in a car.

16. Hannibal

A) no it isn't
    B) if the car cannot move even more no