Aikido3D

Discussion in 'Aikido Resources' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Software program I ran across a few years ago. It might've come uo on this forum already but if it hasn't:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v3vas8ofg8"]Aikido 3D - software demo - YouTube[/ame]

What do you guys think?

Also, if this counts as advertising, then I will happily delete the post, I just thought that people might want to see this, it looks pretty awesome :)

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yes it's been discussed before. It doesn't show any fine detail. Which means it's value is almost as limited as a video.

3. Pretty In Pink

I thought that was the idea?

4. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Kinda defeats the purpose then. All those techniques were added to the software using motion capture.

5. Pretty In Pink

Well my philosophy is that you can't learn how to fight over the net, but you can pick up some tips ;p

And I imagine it's helpful if you are grading.

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Only to the particular dojo or organisation that commissioned the software. Different organisations have different grading requirements and focus on different variations of the techniques. If you're grading and need help preparing it's better just to put in as much time down the dojo as you can. Too many sources of information are a bad thing when you're learning something specific.

Videos, DVDs, Books or software should be treated as casual reference material only.

7. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

If you're philosophy includes aikido as the only skill set, you're not learning to fight. Period.

8. Pretty In Pink

Haaaha :p

I don't even study Aikido, I just thought someone might find it interesting :)

9. Chris Banks

Chris Banks Valued Member

If Aikido is taught with practical application in mind it can be very effective in a fighting situation, unfortunately this is not the case in the majority of clubs.

However I would say that cross training is important as it opens your mind to other ways of dealing with situations and also gives you a chance to practice things that are not highlighted in typical Aikido practice…..eg combination striking, ground work etc.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I prefer Tekken

11. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Meh. It's okay. There are better teaching supplements out there. Thanks for the share though.

12. aiem

aiem Valued Member

I also heard of this software and asking around, I didn't get much positive reviews.

13. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I downloaded this a few years ago. It's fun to play around with, changing the camera angle and slowing the techniques down or speeding them up. I'm sure it's good as a basic aid to memory for techniques you've already learned but not much use for learning from scratch. They do one for TKD aswell with much better visuals. TKD3D.

14. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I see they have released aikido 3D 2.0 with much improved graphics.

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikMxj73ig4"]Aikido 3D 2.0 - YouTube[/ame]