McGregor gone?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Broadwalk

Broadwalk New Member

McGregor just had a bit of a meltdown at the 202 press conference. Seems he is losing the mental game now.

2. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Or it's a "bread and circus" kinda thing, with the two of them doing a circus act to get more bread. :D

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I was hyped up for McGregor-v-Diaz 1, but for some reason, I can't stomach the idea of this one.

4. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

MMA will always be looked on suspiciously as long as it appears to be the WWE under a different name.

As bad as boxing has been at times with so many associations etc you usually didn't see the level of nonsense that you get at UFC press conferences (well that Hayes one with all the fighting was probably just as bad, maybe).

Someone needs to find a way to sort MMA out. I don't know of any other real sport where the person who promotes the fights is also who also ranks the fighters. The UFC straight out lacks impartiality. Yes it's a business but you see other professional fight games being able to manage something a bit more reasonable.

Personally I wouldn't care if McGregor disappeared with all his antics. Perhaps the WWE has openings.

Just sayin'

LFD

5. DARKREALITY

DARKREALITY Valued Member

I don't think Conor is as good a fighter as Nate Diaz, but I would not be surprised if the Conman wins this fight.

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I just don't like how scripted Mcgregor's one liners are. But yeah the mentalness with the press conference was pathetic and the police at the weigh in seemed like such a wrestling gimmick move. If it wasn't one and was forced on them by the commission or whatever then its still damning. MMA was just starting to crawl out of the niche hole and earn some respect as a mainstream sport and Mcgregor helped so much with that and now those new fans are tuning in to see him throwing monster at people. It really is just pathetic.

That all said, I hope Diaz wins again. Diaz is a douche of high proportions but as much as I hate his "I'm the realest dude" shtick he's not wrong. I can take Diaz being a thug and bringing that to his job a lot easier than I can take Mcgregor coming in with a script and hamfisting all his lines in to conferences. Makes me cringe as much as Sonnen did when he went full wwe