Kip Ups

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by infonote, May 13, 2014.

1. infonote

infonote New Member

Hi,

I have recently stumbled upon Kip-Ups.
    Is this any way better than a sit up?, since it seems to involve more muscles and cardio than a traditional sit-up.

Are there any benefits to the abs?

Thanks in advance
    Peter

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  3. yorukage

yorukage Valued Member

The thread mentioned was UC posted is about how to correctly do a kip up. The OP is asking about the use of the kip up as a replacement of a situp for exercise. I believe the old thread was closed, but I might be wrong. Anyway, it's a different enough question that on how to do a kip up and I didn't read any posts on the exercise benefits.

I wouldn't do kip ups as a replacement to situps because they won't target the abs the way situps or leg ups/lifts do. However, it does incorporate more muscles and definitely gets the fast twitch muscle fibers working, which is very beneficial. So, maybe do as many kip ups as you can, I can't imagine being able to do more than 10 and keeping them looking good and keeping the knees safe. Then, once you reach the failure point where you can't do them as well, start doing leg lifts, then do situps to incorporate muscle targeting of the abs.

4. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

The old thread is still open. It's a pretty general thread and I see no harm about posting about the exercise benefits there either so to keep all the information in one thread.

But, whatever works I guess. Lol..

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The greatest kip-up I've ever seen. And Werdum's a heavyweight!

[​IMG]

7. yorukage

yorukage Valued Member

Except that the ref seemed to step in the way to allow him to do it. It would have been easy for the other guy to jump on him or kick him or punch him. He even has his hands on his hips as he waits for him to kip up.

8. Fujimoru

Fujimoru Valued Member

kip up would be a good thing to learn. plus it looks cool . hahha. It could be a supplement to situps or whatever.

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

No, but they are fun to do,

Abs work - Deadbugs, Planks, hanging leg raises and turkish getups with a kettlebell.