aikido bokken and jo kata

Discussion in 'Aikido Resources' started by Blast, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Blast

Blast Valued Member

[ame="http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=4clLJS_3axg&feature=related"]YouTube - Morihiro Saito Sensei 20 Jo Suburi[/ame]

[ame="http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=bCYyqvlMu8o"]YouTube - Morihiro Saito Sensei 7 Ken Suburi[/ame]

These 2 videos seriously helps me to do the jo and bokken katas when I'm home. I hope they'll help you as well.

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

You can't get more serious than Saito Morihiro shihan.The videos show the aiki ken and jo suburi (solo practice cuts) and MUST be performed thousands of times before attempting kata.You are correct in using them as guides.The main emphasis is to achieve ki (intent) ken (technique) tai (body alignment) ichi as one. best of luck in your training. (watch out for the light bulbs)

regards koyo

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  3. Blast

Blast Valued Member

Thanks.

I don't mean to say that you should learn those suburi from the videos, you should learn them at your dojo, but they are prety nice for me to remember all suburis. And saito sensei is a pretty good example. I trained the 7 bokken suburi monday at my dojo and afterwards we did a little kata (with 2). So now I'm going to practice them and decided to share them with other map-members. Too bad its cold and rainy...

4. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

Good as new little things to play with, since we have rather unusual katas.

5. leena abraham

leena abraham Banned Banned

life and energy merger or as the way of harmonious life with energy:cool. Aikido's intention is to give the aikido practitioners a way for protection and a self defence as a martial art that can be used for combat without causing injury to the attacker but yet, overcome a big attack even if made by a few people together......:cool:

6. bothhandsclappi

bothhandsclappi New Member

When resaon returns ...

ah weapons ... aikiken, aikijo. do we know why? do we care why? do we question? do we know?

how is it that aikido has become just another act of faith? where are the doubters, the skeptics?

7. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

8. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I've removed the "Sticky" aspect of this thread due to the videos being removed by the user on YouTube.