Sid Asuncion - anything about him

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by 5thBrother, Feb 23, 2007.

1. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Well, that doesn't surprise me. I think the list is shorter if you add up who they haven't promoted.

2. kwing1009

kwing1009 New Member

You are entitled to your opinion.

I understand the value of pride, and have no intention of attacking yours.

Let others decide for themselves.

We always welcome guests.

I have made my point, and don't wish to continue this conversation since you only wish to put everyone in a negative light.

3. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

You're known by your associates. Nuff said on that one.

4. John Bishop

John Bishop Valued Member

Wow, 3 years later. Tell you what. Do some legitimate research with reliable sources, and come back and we'll compare notes. Or exercise your student rights and ask your instructor to see his promotion certificates from Prof. Chow.
    And by the way, show a little character and use your real name if you want to be taken seriously.

5. Grantmorris

Grantmorris New Member

Sid was a great guy

Hi,
    I was studying kenpo/Kung fu in US mainland when I joined the army in 1972. I specifically specified that I be stationed in Hawaii so that I could study under this master, following the advice of Al Dacoscos. I had minimal training directly under Sid (please excuse the familiarity here, but that's how he insisted I address him, always a nice guy before his formidable expertise, ranking and reputation), and rather trained under his under-instructors. The point I want to make here is that even though he was an incredible martial artist at the highest level, he took me, a virtual foreigner and lowly brown belt, under his wing, and helped me work up through the ranks. He invited me and my wife into his home and treated us like family from the beginning, sharing dinners and drinks and stories. I wish I could have been there at the end to tell him goodbye. God bless him.

6. Grantmorris

Grantmorris New Member

Now that I am shown all the comments in "Sid Asuncion, anything about him", I don't think I see anything about him. If I posted my previous comment t in the wrong string, I apologise.