What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Is that Telltale's game of thrones game?

2. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Couldn't agree more here!

If you're playing on Ps3 - Game of Thrones is rather often on sale (both UK- and US-store). I think I payed like $5 or something; certainly not much. Still have to play it though :eek:

EDIT:
    I think the TT game isn't even released yet and has yet to announce a date for when they start releasing it.

The game I'm talking about at least is in RPG, not an adventure.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I dusted off the 360 and started playing Halo 4 again. While I love the single and co-op on Destiny the PvP doesn't hold a candle to Halo.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Really looking forward to the Master Chief Collection next month.

5. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Couldn't agree more, i have the Marty O'Donnel soundtrack playing through my head. Shame 343 never picked him up when he left/got sacked by bungie.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWCGN1O_0m8[/ame]

Baza

6. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Dirt 3
    Rainbow Moon
    WoW a little
    Strider
    Fez
    Hoard
    Bound by fire.

7. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

That game was awesome. Go Malkavian, I think they were the crazy ones.

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Well, The Evil Within has started to get more exciting a few hours in but I haven't touched it at all in the last few days. Which is not a good sign. But to be fair, I'm not a fan of survival horror, so I am going to be biased against it. I do still want to pick it up though. I'm hoping it'll be like Dead Space 2 for me which I ended up really enjoying (that also started horribly slow but strangely made me want more).

One thing it does have in its' favour though is that the game is stupidly creepy. Which is always nice.

But the reason I haven't touched the Evil Within is because of Darksiders 2. I'm about 20 hours of gameplay in so far. Some of the set up of the game is a little tedious at times (Oh look, you only need to do this to do your job, no wait now you have three tasks to do, now another seven and then you're good - no, sorry, here's another 10 kinda thing.) and the dungeons, while being relatively short, can somehow drag on a bit at points.

The story has a reasonably decent basis in old Biblical mythology - you play the role of Death, one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse and one of the last surviving Nephilim. You're trying to save War, your brother, who has been charged with going to war without consent from the Charred Council (who keep the balance in existence) and wiping out humanity. By reviving humanity. Go figure.

The combat is very much like the God of War games if you've ever played them. Some of the scenery is pretty cool and virtually all the bosses and big and gribbly. There's also lots of side quests to do as well so you can deviate a fair bit from the main story if you want. There's a fair few dungeons where parts only become available once you get further into the game and unlock new upgrades as well.

Hats off to the one that is basically a cheap Cthulhu that summons undead as you fight him:

[​IMG]

And to this lovely chap who OHK'd me the first time I attacked him without actually getting a direct hit. He also had the most insane defences I've come across thus far and withstood beatings that would have mauled everyone else in less than half the time. I literally jumped for joy when I beat him:

[​IMG]

Great game to relax and chill to and currently free to download on xBox Live gold thingeymajig.

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I love both Darksiders games, loads of fun.

Currently hacking my way through the Shadow of Mordor, a shameless mix of Batman and Assasin's Creed with a few other bits nicked from places I can't place right now.

Good game and if they do a sequel I can see the IP becoming AAA.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I finished Tearaway the other day. I really like the ending; cutin and thought-provoking at the same time. At least for me.

So I went on and played the DLC of Sanits Row: The Third (except the Panda-stuff. I mean - wtf?), which was fun too. But I'm glad I didn't pay the full price but got it on sale.

Now I started McGees Alice, after having finished Alice: Madness Returns ages ago.
    The controls are... I won't call it horrid, but it comes close enough ;)
    Feels a bit clunky, but I think I'm going to stick with it anyway ^^

11. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

This is a little off topic but does Xbox still require you to have an internet connection? That's the one thing that has kept me from buying one. I don't need my gaming console to track my every move and I rarely have, if ever, my PS3 console connected to the internet.

12. Dean Winchester

It doesn't require the 24/7 connection that was first needed when it was announced.

Although it's possible that it still needs to connect every so often, I'm unsure on that.

To be honest you'd be missing out on a lot of what the console does if you don't ever have it connected.

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Finally completed Alien Isolation.

Hardest. Game. Ever.

And, in some parts, most tedious too. I clocked in nearly 22 hours of gameplay beating the thing, and I'd say half of that (maybe a bit more?) was spent hiding in lockers, backtracking/going round in circles, and getting killed over, and over, and over again.

Lots of fun in the end, but it's difficulty means I've lost all taste in ever replaying it.

14. Dean Winchester

I've been on the fence about getting it, think I'll wait till it drops in price now.

15. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

I haven't upgraded to the PS4 because I want to see if Sony pushed out another flash upgrade that breaks my PS3. This is console no. 2, or is it no. 3? LOL The old PS3's are paperweights in my bedroom like my PSP. All it took was one flash update and it was DOA. Thankfully, Microsoft takes responsibility if they break your console and will fix it without charging you. I haven't priced the latest Xbox. Lemme go check amazon.

16. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Ok, so the PS4 and Xbox One are the same price. Basically $400.00 without any extras, right? I think I'll wait till I move for the Xbox. I intentionally don't have internet in my bedroom so this would be a problem.

I really want to play The Last of Us. Has anyone here played that yet?

17. Dean Winchester

The Last of Us is a great game, cracking story and the remastered version is done very well.

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Yes. It is an amazing game and has a hell of a story. Easily one of the most enjoyable games I have played in years.

19. Dean Winchester

Micrsoft's updates have been insane, they are knocking them out every month whereas the next big PS4 one is at the end of the week and we've been waiting for it for a while. It'll be interesting to see what it does.

I probably couldn't decide between my Xbox One or my PS4 right now, they both have some good plus points. Obviously the Xbox is a a bit behind on some cross platform titles but it does a good job at its intended task of a central media system.

If you watch a lot of streaming services then the Xbox does a nice job of integrating it all along with your cable provider, in the US you have a load more options for apps than we do in the UK.

The recent update with DLNA compatibility allows you to stream media from your home dlna server, very good if you have a load of stuff sitting on your network and then there's media apps. In the UK we have blinkbox app which you can link to your Ultraviolet locker so any digital films you have in there can now be watched via the Xbox and of course things like Netflix and Amazon Instant video.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  20. Ben Gash CLF

Xbox connects to wifi