Awesome Martial Art Quotes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ColdFire, Oct 4, 2002.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

“The only secret is sweat.” - Mas Oyama

2. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

If your not straining your not training - instructor from basic training

3. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

If your what isn't straining?

4. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Lol what ever your training ! The context was when we were doing burpies in full kit+bergan but thats not the important bit. I took it as if your training isn't challenging then you won't improve, that challenge could be purely physical or more mental (tactics etc). If your training isn't a strain in some sense then it benecot you much :)

5. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I have a thing for quotes, so here are some of my favorites, that came to my mind rather quick.

- "You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner. The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - No idea who might have said that first.

- "Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something." - Ueshiba Morihey

- "It is not important to be better than someone else, but to be better than yesterday." - Kano Jigoro

- "Karate attracts all kinds of strange and unusual people. Accept this." - Jesse Enkamp

- "Sometimes it’s more important to be kind than to be right. People train Karate because it makes them feel good. Don’t ruin that." - Jesse Enkamp

I would have so much more, but they aren't necessarily MA-related :D