Cain out! Hunt in for HW title fight

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Cain Valesquez has re injured his knee, 1 month before his title fight against Werdum.
    Since he has been out for about a year now (his last fight was against JDS) Mark Hunt "Super Samoan" is now in as a title contender for the Interim HW Belt!

I am insanely happy about this. Massive Hunt fan right here. But with only a month notice and having to travel literally the next day of recieving the news AND up against Werdum who is improving ever more so than ever. This is a big up hill struggle for Hunt.

WAR HUNT!

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Should be exciting and an interesting pairing. Hunt shrugged off Nelson's jitz and Werduns been at kings for some time now and that's got to be the top MMA standup gym right now. Hope we don't get a repeat of Werdun vs Overeem though.

4. Mushroom

Werdum's Jits I think is a lot better than Nelson's, mainly because of who he trains with and the quality of training partners.
    Werdum is also a lot more rested (albeit nearly being killed by Carbon Monoxide poisoning last week)

As said, Hunt has big disadvantages going against him. Werdum is smart enough to keep his reach as far out as possible. Unlike Struve who kept getting too close and took a broken jaw for his troubles.
    I would also like to say that Werdum has a questionable jaw...but then again, everyone has a glass jaw against Hunt.

JDS is probably the best example against Hunt, the use of reach, lots of overhand rights which caught Hunt to the top of his head..will be close

5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Hunt's jaw - far more solid than the now under-roided Overeem - no comparison; though in addition to the disadvantages Hunt faces, I think cardio can be added.

6. belltoller

Have you had a close-encounter recently? The shark-thing seems to preoccupy you of late :p

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Nah..just that MMA has jumped the shark. It's not a proper sport. It's a sideshow.
    It's too injury prone. There's no point keeping up with announced events or match ups because so many get called off.

8. Ben Gash CLF

Hmm, I'm thinking you didn't see Werdun vs Overeem.

9. Mushroom

Which one? Pride FC or Strikeforce (where Werdum did nothing but pull guard and butt scootch)

Although the SF fight wasnt that long ago...kinda...Werdum has improved whilst Ubereem has developed a slacking fighting style.

10. Mushroom

Hunt apparently has 40lbs to lose :/

11. belltoller

No, neither Pride nor Strikeforce...I'm thinking of the Fabrico Werdun that re-entered the UFC after 3 years and battered Roy Nelson around like an errant child.

Werdun has so many incarnates - but this the one I speak :)

Yes, there was an Alistair Überheem of a different incarnate; the doppelganger to this clean one - the kickboxer, K-1, Pride and pre steroid-bust UFC - I'm not referring to that one, lol.

Feel welcome to set me straight on my thinking that Wedun's conditioning is superior relative to Hunt's as I'm hoping Hunt plows through Werdum! I'd welcome that.

12. Ben Gash CLF

The fact that you've not seen the fight means you're completely missing the point. It should have been an interesting and exciting match up but faced with an elite level striker Werdun just effectively refused to fight. Any time Overeem looked like he might hit Werdun he literally threw himself on the floor and assumed the butt scoot position. I've never missed soccer kicks and stomps so much. It was like watching one guy trying to fight a K1 match while the other guy thought he was in the ADCC.

13. belltoller

Alright, yeah, I've taken my protein pill and put me helmet on finally. Ja, you were referring to the specific Strikeforce "fight". Pretty awful.

14. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

If i posted a relevant pic i'd be shut down, why can others put jaws pics up and i cannot ?

Im actually let down, the return of interims ugh

I love hunt but hes past his prime, Werdum by KO in the 3rd.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Because I am ace and funny and pay off the mods with toffees.. :)

16. Mushroom

What Toffees???

Dont care if Hunt is past prime. He wins this then loses the Undisputed title. I dont care...its the belt around Hunt! :p

17. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

The bro Mark Hunt is from south Auckland, New Zealand where I'm from and he is in his prime at the mo when it comes to mma. They guy is a real fighter.

18. Mushroom

Former MAPper Crumpet has told me she bumped in Hunt at the Airport, apparently "he was too quick to get a pic taken"

Cardio going well then :p

19. belltoller

Ja, hard to find anyone who doesn't like him. He's quite a character - as well as a powerful fighter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

I can't stand his preaching.