Ebola

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 47MartialMan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

seriously, you guys are behind. you need alex to straighten you out.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kol0ZSJ7WeE"]Alex Jones - Ebola Outbreak & Open Borders - YouTube[/ame]

it's not "nature" or "god", it's evil "government"!

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I still don't get your point... tbh i dont think you have one but your still trying to carry a conversation

Mother Nature? Oh i didn't realise you believed in Gaea as the ancient Greeks did! :p

3. Ros Montgomery

Ros Montgomery Valued Member

Some bacteria can indeed gain certain resistance mechanisms; some antimicrobial therapy will also select out the most resistant bacteria already there and allow them to proliferate.

Responsible antimicrobial prescribing policies will take this into account.

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

What is wrong with Aviation and Government Officials who cannot make a policy to quarantine, check everyone coming from Africa?

What is wrong with Medical professionals who seem to get the virus?

What is wrong with people who are treating others with it that fail to get themselves checked before moving around in public?

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Ebola has an incubation period of up to 21 days. Keeping every single person who comes into the US from West Africa in quarantine for 21 days is going to be pretty much impossible.
    Are you perfect?
    Again, incubation period. If they don't feel sick, they're not contagious, if they're not contagious, why shouldn't they be allowed to live their lives?

But +1 for your obvious compassion.

6. 47MartialMan

So it seems those bringing it in.. Why is it impossible to quarantine themselves

A Medical Professional is supposed to be on top of protocol. I guess a Brain Surgeon is not supposed to be on their protocol either

Their life had changed once they went to Ebola areas and had returned. What about the people, business, employees, schools, etc., they effect when moving around? They know about the incubation period

Bullocks. If I came from a Ebola area, I would quarantine myself for the incubation period in consideration of others, especially my love ones and close people. It is call consideration, not compassion

Wait, it is compassion, compassion for me not to put others at risk, which it seems "Ebola People" fail to have

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  7. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I will admit I have not read the entire thread. I am with martial.man on this. It.doeso not matter
    Where you are from. Or where you are going. A.reasonable.quarintee should be the rule

8. holyheadjch

You are not contagious until you are symptomatic. If you are not symptomatic you are not contagious. If you are not contagious you can't infect anybody. You cannot be infected by a person who is not contagious.

I don't know how many more ways I can state this very simple point.

9. raaeoh

U

I am exposesed to ebola. I am showing no symptoms yet. Can I play with your children?

10. raaeoh

How about this. I work.for the cdc ir is public I am working with a know ebola paitent. Am I welcome in your home? Can my son kiss your.daughter?

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

If I had a daughter she wouldnt be dating until she is at least 80! so no! :)

12. 47MartialMan

If you had a daughter, you would loss control of her when she gets 18

13. holyheadjch

As Dan said, but otherwise yes. If you're not sick it is impossible for your son to be infected.

14. raaeoh

If an Ebola carrier had no symptoms Monday and came down with symptoms on Tuesday, he WAS indeed infected with Ebola on Monday. True he was not infectious on Monday, but he is Tuesday.

I do not believe that anyone is denying them medical care, or even the chance to come home. It seems very logical to me if you choose to put your own health at risk to go to a region with Ebola, then you should be expected to remain in quarantine during the incubation period. It is the responsible thing to do with any infectious highly fatal disease.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The difference between US and UK news coverage.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAz-F1QnyCk&feature=youtu.be"]The difference between US vs UK Ebola news coverage - YouTube[/ame]

16. 47MartialMan

Tell that to the medical "professionals" who got near patients and seem to get infected.

Now, mind you, these are people who "are supposed" to "know" what they are doing

(Sing to the tune of the song-Volare)

Ebola, oh oh
    Real scarey, oh oh oh oh
    I'll fly away from the source
    Cause I have no syptoms, of course

Kindly have false safety in the glow of a government that we know of
    Going near unsuspected people who enjoy peace of mind
    It will keep the confusion and all disillusion we'll find
    Like birds of a feather, infecting all others behind

Ebola, oh oh
    Real deadly, oh oh oh oh
    Let's shy away from the truth
    Contagious people are uncouth

(Temple Down)Why are people who have contacted it are not quarantine
    Do they not understand what they have, it may seem
    They claim a incubation period of 21 days not to be scared
    So just let infected people move around without care

Ebola, oh oh
    Real Crazy, oh oh oh oh
    Let the media have a field day
    They dont care if the facts accurately portray

17. raaeoh

The media here in the u.s is huge on fear mongering. They will report only one side of an issue for sure in hope to spread anger and half truths. Ebola is a hot topic here so it is played up to be far worse than it truly is. Most Americans only believe what they want to believe any way. What I am saying has nothing to do with fear mongering half hearten stories, but just being responsible enough, to not put people at unnecessary risk.

I can never eat spaghetti again. The thought of fecal matter on it will always be there now. thanks Simon. :)

18. holyheadjch

They're in close contact with symptomatic and therefore contagious patients. They are at risk of infection. The people on the bus with those asymptomatic medical workers are not.

Many of these medical workers will never have dealt with an infection risk like Ebola. And knowing what to do and being 100% perfect in execution are completely different things.

You're freaking out about absolutely nothing. Ignorance is not an excuse anymore, so feel free to get a grip. Or a clue, whichever is closest.

19. holyheadjch

That is correct. So where is the problem with them being in public on Monday?
    If you come back from a hot zone, then those medics do, in almost all cases, quarantine themselves voluntarily for a period of time because their chance of exposure is so much higher because they are dealing with large numbers of patients. The medics working in Dallas are dealing with one or two patients and are at much lower risk of infection. Quarantining them is pointless and counter productive as it means you'll need other medics to step in to cover for them whilst they're in quarantine, increasing the number of people coming into contact with contagious patients.

US coverage of this is so unbelievably stupid.

20. raaeoh

If you do not get it now then you will never get it. Yes the U.S. coverage of most anything is assinine.

And I call any one who would let some one exposed to a deadly virus into their home withoUT proper quarintee very ignorant.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014