how to get someone to move/leave?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by aikiMac, Apr 11, 2017.

1. wonglongwingchu

wonglongwingchu Valued Member

I think if you have two guards, each tightly hugging each side of his arms so he can't punch. Like a bouncer throwing out a drunk guy. And basically drag him out.

Even if he tries to put his dead weight and not cooperate, I think two will be enough to hold up from under his arms and drag him out.

2. liero

liero Valued Member

My two cents. Ideally we change the circumstances beyond the UA flight, maybe the person has a warrant for their arrest, or is flying on a false ticket. Then they refuse to get off the flight when identified. The actual incident, as most people are attesting, was not appropriate business practice, or good use of force. You should not be able to de-seat individual's holding a legitimate ticket, especially who already has taken their place on the flight.

To the scenario.
    Building on the UK bus rule "we are not going to leave until you get off", I would inform the person they have to get off the flight. If they refused I would inform them that the whole flight would be de-boarded and then if they still would not leave then they would be removed by security/police. If this step did not work, de-board the plane of passengers. By now the plane is empty. It's pretty clear that the plane is not going anywhere, and the individual would be told there were no circumstances where they are leaving on the flight. I think in this circumstance the guy would be more likely to get off on his own accord. Further, any use of force to remove him would not be caught on camera by so many people, and it would be safer (reduce injuries on both sides).

The social pressure of knowing you're going to inconvenience every passenger by delaying the flight when everyone gets off motivates a pro-social personality to vacate the plane before the whole flight has to de-board. While the fear of getting beat up with no witnesses get's the potentially violent/anti-social personality off.

They'd be unlikely to de-board the plane in the real life case. Purely because it would cost to much money/time. However in the event that the person couldn't fly for a genuine legal/other appropriate reason, my above suggestion would be safer, more effective, and better for PR.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

It's a common problem in the service industry that belligerent customers want to use the service they have paid for. The most important thing is that when your customers start mouthing-off about rights or dignity, you have to nip that in the bud as fast and firmly as you can. An attitude of fearful deference is what you want to foster; a sense of helplessness and gratitude.

As with all real-life situations, the non-physical is important. You can't just go on with a puffy jacket and cap, as this puts you on the level of common nightclub bouncer in terms of intimidation, which is wholly inadequate. Considerations of bulk and space should be set aside for the visual impact of full military gear - helmet, balaclava, goggles, webbing, gas grenades etc... The helmet and balaclava are very important, because facial expressions are how we recognise and confer emotion; so faces should be concealed as much as possible.

Weaponry is another important factor in intimidating passengers, and again the ease of use of a handgun in a confined space should be eschewed in favour of bigger hardware. People are less inclined to argue with a 12 gauge pointed at their head.

Ultimately, when you have to physically remove somebody from their seat, the Aikido rule of atemi should be followed. However, remember lateral application of principles: atemi in this case would be a few thousand volts from a Taser, or a beanbag round in the face. Once the "shocker" is applied, you then bag their head from behind and zip tie their limbs together, much as you would to carry a big game carcass. Once the customer is secured, you simply thread an aluminium pole through their limbs, and carry them peacefully off the plane between two officers. The hood is also useful for muffling the screams of your customers as you carry them from your business premises.

You want to foster an atmosphere in your business that customers could be arbitrarily taken in this fashion at any moment. This will help quell any do-gooders from attempting to help or film perfectly legal customer interventions such as these. Even lawyers have to fly sometimes, so fostering this positive customer/business relationship will also help to deter legal action.

I am available for corporate seminars.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. liero

liero Valued Member

David that is very informative. Why oh why! do we not have the "Thanks" button!

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Dude, where's the "thanks" button?!? :bang:

7. Pretty In Pink

You're the mod, that's your job :p

8. David Harrison

I liked the stick one and the leg lock.

What I really didn't like was how he unbuckled the seat belt - if I felt someone was a danger I'd cut the belt so as not to put myself in such a vulnerable position.

Hammerlock was cool, but the chin strap left him wide open for being stabbed or shot in the face.

9. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Nice!
    Probably need to consider him moving the car &/or closing the door too

10. Pretty In Pink

I would imagine that the situation would dictate the technique. Also, it depends on how much you're torquing their neck as too wet her or not they will hold on to your hands or reach for a weapon.

11. David Harrison

Yeah, clip was too short for context.