Caffeine: Switching coffee for tea!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bozza Bostik, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Really? It's usually the other way. You are strange! :)

2. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Ibuprofen is said to give ulcers I believe, which is why it is a no go for Crohn's sufferers.

When I first got it I went through all the elimination diet fun. Two of the big things I was told to avoid were dairy and wheat. Dairy has no effect on me, while wheat has only a mild effect. Provided I avoid eating it every day I am fine with it, so don't take it as law that a food group will effect you.
    One thing I did find useful to help with the bloating was Mintec (peppermint oil). As for tea, there are heaps of varieties to try which taste quite different; herbal, floral, green, peppermint etc so you might find some that you like.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. Bozza Bostik

Yeah - I've heard peppermint oil is good...and tea. I'm not convinced that dairy bothers me either and grain seems about the same as yourself. But gotta find out through the diet.

What do you do with the Mintec? Just take it a few times a day or...? Peppermint oil is impossible to find here.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  4. boards

I was able to get it as a tablet which I took three times a day.

Here is Aus you can simply get it from the health section of supermarket.

5. Bozza Bostik

I can order it online. should get some and see what happens.

Did you find any problem foods with the elimination diet?

6. boards

Onion was the main one, I eat that and I'm hanging around the bathroom for ages. When my crohn's was bad, anything acidic or hot and spicy was likely to cause problems, but I had surgery and since then onion is the only one that is an immediate effect.

7. Bozza Bostik

My symptoms aren't that extreme. Trying to avoid surgery as much as possible, not that I need it at the moment, I am kind of convinced that there'll be a cure one day.

Dropped you a PM mate.

8. boards

I think they should come up with something sooner or later.
    I replied to your PM.

9. Mael

Mael New Member

try Guarana http://www.supplemented.co.uk/products/guarana-2000mg-capsules
    It is a good alternative of coffee

10. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I know this is a little late but Green Yerba Mate is a great alternative to coffee.