The Starch Solution and Veganism

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bluesoup, May 22, 2015.

1. Bluesoup

Bluesoup Valued Member

Hmm well, I guess it's not so for me.

I rarely ate cheese or sausage during the day and I just replaced dairy with soymilk. Also because of my family being Mediterranean we would spend lots of time on preparing our meat, fish or chicken. I noticed that for most people, barbecue equals party, but for me it was just a staple thing. We'd barbecue 3-4 times a week.

And because we're very particular about the quality of our meat, we'd go out of our way to drive for 40 minutes to get the best quality we could find. Eventually we had a place where we bought our meat, a place for fish and a place for chicken. And then we'd invest a lot of time in prepping it before we even got to grill it. Supermarket meat, fish or chicken was always taboo in our household.

So I've actually gotten rid of a big headache actually lol :hammer:

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I didn't mean shopping for it, I meant planning meals with a good amino acid profile, with variety and the full range of macro and micronnutrients, which wasn't the same 3 meals every dam week.

Vegan food tends to be bulky so eating enough to train twice a day plus work, education and a social life was difficult. As was eating out. I still eat a lot of vegan foods now, but good quality meat and dairy is so much better long term.

As your doing this anyway, spend time reading nutrition information from a wide range of sources, anything to do with Dr oz is dodgy.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  3. Dead_pool

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0wKeokWUU[/ame]

4. Dead_pool

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qEUtW6XXHdY[/ame]

5. Bluesoup

Bluesoup Valued Member

I'm like a robot tbh. My breakfast and lunch are always the same just with small variations to keep my taste buds from getting bored.

I eat pretty varied in the evenings though, so I make up for it.

Eating out has proven difficult indeed. The few times I ate out I ate something so I wouldn't starve and then just eat at home later on. I can live with eating vegetarian sometimes though. Where I live there's always a vegetarian option when you're eating out. My diet isn't supposed to interfere with my social life.

6. Dead_pool

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FODMAP

Most people arnt intolerant to gluten (as apposed to allergic)

It's more common they have issues with this range of items - which are common in some foods with gluten in.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  7. Dead_pool

As other people have already said, as your cutting down your range of foodstuffs, getting a good range of nutrients is very important especially long term, so mix it up!