Muay Thai Check-In

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by texas doc, Mar 9, 2006.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

It ain't bad, for certain! :cool:

2. luckybreak91

luckybreak91 Valued Member

I am probably signing in to early considering I just had my first lesson, but I just had my first lesson. I am exhausted. I have no idea how long I will stick with it but it is pretty fun and a very good workout.

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hi Luckybreak91,hope you stick with Muay Thai its a great sport:)

4. carl hammond

carl hammond New Member

Welcome to the forum and the post Luckybreak91, stick with it it gets easier on the body as you adjust and get used to it and you get into great shape and with great stamina.

Its really good as a sport not for only self defence but also for fitness and confidence.

5. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

Welcome Luckybreak, hope you stick with it! It becomes easier as you go (mostly) :)

6. luckybreak91

luckybreak91 Valued Member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Currently training in Muay Thai & Kickboxing. Been training three times a week for about a month now off a Ninjutsu base. Need to work on flexibility for Thai Roundhouses. Any tips?

8. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

Your trainer should be able to give you some good stretches to increase flexibility. The warm up stretching should also gradually help if you are consistent :)

9. jordanblythe104

jordanblythe104 Valued Member

mae mai practitioner reporting in. Studied in for 2 years.

10. MindTricks

MindTricks Valued Member

Hi, i have been doing Muay Thai now for just over a month, i am literally over the moon ! I haven't felt so good in a long time, its on my mind every day and it gives me great motivation. I am starting to feel more comfortable at the gym now coz all of the guys there have been doing it for a while or been doing other martial arts, i think i am the only newbie there :p I also like our teacher he is a great guy and that makes Muay Thai seasons even more enjoyable!

I looking forward when ill be capable of sparing with some one :p we only been doing shots to the body and i couldn't even land any lol! guys been kicking the hell out of me but i enjoyed it coz it wasn't painful at all, aim wasn't to hurt each other it was just practice.I got a bit frustrated coz i thought some of the guys been trying to hard against some one like me ( newbie ) and some shots felt some what strong. But i guess that normal process and i should get used to it :D

awesome sport ! and dont see my self quitting

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  11. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

been at it a couple of months now. So hard but so worth it. Flexibility is my problem

12. Ace1973

Ace1973 Banned Banned

Ace1973 MAP does not allow advertising or posting of personal contact details. If you wish to advertise for a fighter or promote an event, please contact Aegis the site Administrator. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  13. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

I have started taking Muay Thai. Have been at it for 2 1/2 weeks now. It's pretty cool, but definitely tiring! This week I did Kali on Sunday, Muay Thai Monday and tonight, and Kickboxing at my Kung Fu School on Tuesday. For an old man like me that is a lot, and I'm worn out now.

14. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

For a young man, I'd say that a lot. But I'll say you're certainly a glutton for punishment

15. mystik

mystik In for a challenge

Hello I'm Andrew been practicing Muay thai for a little over a month. Fun stuff