Eating Bitter

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by 47MartialMan, Feb 24, 2009.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

This is a good point.:cool:

2. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Without fire, old underbrush doesn't get cleared away for new growth.

Nothing hangs out to see that big forest blaze. Fires are dangerous.

If you play with fire, you're bound to get burned. Also, if you're outside in the sun, you burn. Wear sunblock. Sunburns aren't good for anybody. Hows that for eating bitter? Now you're peeling. Should've worn that sunblock.

Eating bitter just sucks. That's it. It contrasts the good stuff that happens. Jeez, it'd be great if those pullups didn't hurt, I'd do way more of them. It's just a limitation we have to overcome. Builds character?

Nope. Character is character. Hating life at the gym and sweating like a pig is just that. Pain is not a prerequisate to gain. Gain is gain, loss is loss. Gain can be loss, but only in certain context. Loss can be gain, but only when we think creatively.

All of these things are so human... Tao is really human, you know? All the same, only different.

But then, if you really love to stretch and run and do those situps, maybe then they're not so painful?

3. 47MartialMan

"No Pain, No Gain...Too Much Pain, Too Insane"

Somepeople enjoy tje challenges of a workout. Thye become aclimated to the soreness and discomfort.

The metality has become something to look forward to til the next time.

4. Monk-E-Boy

Monk-E-Boy New Member

"Eating bitter" - kinda makes me think of when I have drunk Chinese herbs that have been brewed into a tea. Very bitter taste but persevering through the course of medicine is arguably beneficial for your well being

5. 47MartialMan

That would be "Drinking Bitter" :)

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Excellent work. You are about to derail your own article.

7. 47MartialMan

Derail...no....compliment...yes

8. Dr.Alireza

Dr.Alireza Valued Member

actually from a TCM point of view all bitter vegetables are good and have benefits for the body. it does not matter as to which country it comes from but it is far better to eat that which is grown in the land that one lives in.

9. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Is that part from a TCM viewpoint or the western localvore idea?

10. 47MartialMan

I would think that "bitter food" is up to the individual palate

11. Dr.Alireza

Dr.Alireza Valued Member

TCM and Naturopathic view point. that being said one can still eat foods not grown in the land in which they live in but every environment grows they type of food that is beneficial to the type of climents that a person has to live in.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  12. JeniferLoby

JeniferLoby Banned Banned

47MartialMan thanks for sharing your posts its very informative.