Nonsense training

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SWC Sifu Ben, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Have you ever had to sit and endure training you knew was terrible?

I decided to branch out and do some work outside of my regular so I went to do the in-brief for a here unnamed company. Sitting and listening to an instructor try to tell me during NVCI training that you could jam someone's nose into their brain, even by accident, and stick to that point when pressed on it started driving me nuts. I'm not sure I'll be able to endure their company mandated 'use of force' tomorrow.

Any of you had one of these before? :hammer:

2. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

"As an martial artist you will always be punished, if it comes to court."
    "If you break someones arm, even in self-defence, you will most likely go to jail!"

It's from one of my instructors.
    He's a good coach and all, knows his stuff - just the legal side... how did another of my teachers put it: He's stuck in the 80s with that.
    Luckily he doesn't mention that often, so I just sort of "ignore" it.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I went to a meet once organised via some people I know via facebook n whatnot...various people from differing styles, exchanging a bit of knowledge. Which is always a good thing....but....there was a couple of guys who were pretty (politely saying) not really aware of what actual self-defence was. And there was an actual Rex Kwon Do moment of "not that hand, the other hand, no the other one".
    I was there with a couple of friends and we all stayed throughout, out of respect. And politely gave a thumbs up and left.

It actually made me appreciate our MAP Meets even more. High level instructionals, its where its at.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I generally let my naked contempt drip from every pore until the instructors want to cry

5. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Oh I was close. I found it highly ironic that minutes after telling me my U.S. Government issued training/certifications and my certification by a court recognized expert in use of force and former police college use of force instructor who certifies all the high profile sites in the city and most in the province, minutes after telling me those were worthless they went on and on about how their certifications could be valuable to our futures.

It's really tempting to just get myself kicked out of their training on purpose instead of leaving quietly.

This is exactly why they need some standardization for industry certifications.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

What's the company called?