Is this fake news?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kframe, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Ok, a while ago, I remember a few passing posts addressing a fake news story from Europe that said police wont go to some towns and neighborhoods due to high concentrations of muslims and how dangerous it was. Apparently this was proven incorrect.

The reason I ask is, on another forum I came across this news blurb from France. http://www.dailywire.com/news/12159...france-segregate-suburbs-amanda-prestigiacomo

This just looks suspicious to me, and I feel like it maybe fake. So, instead of jumping on the Islamophobic train on this issue, I would come here and ask about it.

Now, I thought France had laws against segregation based on sex? If this is indeed true, why haven't the French law enforcement moved in and arrested/sued all these shop owners for violation of civil rights laws?

Now I am skeptical, as it plays into the other, older stories out there talking about dangerous Muslim communities in Europe that are no go zones for anyone not Muslim, especially for females of any age.

Just something about this is tripping my nonsense alarm. Have any of my European friends here heard of this happening? Or this story in particular?

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I think it's an incomplete story with a prepackaged interpretation of the events. This may not qualify as fake news, which is a term being leveraged against any piece of news story with a slant contrary to one's own; I think the term should be reserved for the sort of Macedonian hack jobs that says something like Clinton operates a sex slave ring out of a pizza shop. I wouldn't be surprised if there are communities of Muslims that have de facto sexist policies about their businesses. I'm not a fan of that. But I'd also ask what policies are in place, official or unofficial, that lead to the development of insular Muslim communities.

3. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

I agree with you on the Clinton analogy.

My question is, if this is true, doesn't France have laws against this, and why are they not being enforced? I also have to wonder as you point out, what polices lead to the creation of those communities. On that point though, could it not be possible for such communities to happen organically? Kind of like how there are micro communities here in the states of various countries.

Like China town, and Korea town and such in California?

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Enforcing those rules is hard unless people actually complain. But this type of segregation is not even remotely a muslim issue. My brother is a member of a members only social club - it's whites only. In 2017.

5. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Well, I didn't say it was a muslim issue. Only that the article stated that it was muslim owned business that are doing the sex based segregating. Which is why I asked if this was fake news as it seems ready made to **** off the right.

Edit to add. A white only social club!!?? I cant imagine that is legal, how has it not been sued into bankruptcy? I am legit shocked.

6. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

You are going to be shocked very often then. Sadly.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

To be honest I'm a bit shocked about that myself.
    What sort of social club specifies "whites only"?

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

They probably don't specify, I'd imagine it's invitation only with an admission board.

9. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

It probably doesn't specify "whites only" , however , if ,say , Mr Singh were to apply he might be told they're not accepting new members at the moment and maybe to try again another time.

10. holyheadjch

That (Mr Singh) literally happened. Except they have an anonymous black balling policy.

11. holyheadjch

Yep. 3 weeks on the board without objections before you're application is considered.

12. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Do they have aprons and ...other stuff?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  13. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I've seen the same here from a multitude of groups. Trouble is, as others have pointed out here, if you can run things below board well enough you can make it work. Even if they were legally forced to admit people, which no one is really willing to go after, ostracization within the group would be enough to force most people out.

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Golf clubs I'd imagine.

Mitch

15. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

The guys who wear aprons on a Friday and golf attire at the weekend manage to segregate by race and sex without getting in the tabloids.

Funny that.

16. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Seriously, how is that even possible?? In my state, all those segregated clubs got sued back to the planes of oblivious for violating civil rights. I just don't see how any club doing that, or any business segregating on sex is legal. I cant really wrap my mind on it.

17. Kaazham

Kaazham New Member

In France, talk about Islam is "hipe". Al politician want to frighten the people by mixing Islam and insecurity. A lot of false information is relayed when there are no problems between people in real life. The media serve politicians and use fear.

18. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Also the issues with "Muslim areas" in France is more about poverty and racism than anything else. The mostly non white suburbs (only in France would ghettos be called suburbs) of Paris and Marseille were areas the police were afraid to go before militant Islam was even a thing in the West. Just like certain predominantly non white areas of Los Angeles and New York had similar issues in the 80s.

19. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Yes, but you have people like Greg who say that is entirely the fault of the immigrants who chose to live outside of "French society" and created their own ghettos.

That makes as much sense to me as men's rights activists saying that women are payed less because they want to be, but that's the attitude they're up against. Then you have the whole hypocrisy over a supposedly secular country having a massive problem with Islam, while not having such problems with Catholicism.

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hijacking a thread, yes --

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...ster-to-mcdonalds-to-satisfy-burger/22038112/

I heard this on the radio last month, and then saw it repeated several times on the internet, and me and mine have been jokingly referencing it at home ever since.

That first night at dinner, after I heard the story, I related it to my family and asked what they think of the story. Wife's first response was: "How did the 8-yo reach the pedals?"

:happy: As my kids grew up I always told them that I would teach them to drive when they were tall enough "to see out the window and reach the pedals at the same time." The underlined part is key. We're not the toys in "Toy Story." The same person has to reach the pedals and look out the window at the same time. I have never met an 8-yo who is tall enough.

And then I ask, who are these witnesses who supposedly saw this van "follow the traffic rules" ? The radio report actually said that the boy stopped at a railroad crossing. :eek: Really? Who saw him do that -- and then stuck around as he pulled into McD, and then stuck around as the police were called, and then volunteered to the police, "Oh, ya, I saw him at the railroad tracks" or "Oh, ya, I saw him driving. He was driving really well." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but this story does not sound real.