What's a new post?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Late for dinner, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

I like to keep up with what is going on here on MAP but I get a little lost trying to follow what gets posted daily.

Seems that while I only see a couple posts when I click the ''new posts'' button there are a lot more new posts visible on the actual form areas. Can anyone explain to me why this happens, if I have done something wrong (really I didn't mean not to send you cake at Christmas Frodo!!) or if this is what happens to everyone?

Looking forward to swift and clear elucidation! :' P

(am I the only one with a thick head today?)

;' )

LFD

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Are you viewing on computer and on mobile phone ?

3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I know we've got some gremlins that saz is chasing round with a rolled up copy of Mai , maybe they have something to do with it ?

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

In the spirit of the season and all that, I've forgiven you for not sending me cake this year. ;) :D

I've been having the same problem as you for a while now. This issue has been raised in the Mod forum and Saz is looking into it.

What I find is that when I log on to the forum, it often tells me that my last visit was only a couple of hours ago, even when its been a few days or longer since my last visit. If you are having the same problem, then that it probably why you only see the more recent new posts. I have no idea why it is happening though.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

A new post is one made since your last visit. If there were posts that were there when you last visited, but that you didn't read, they won't show because though unread, they are not new. I believe.

Mitch

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It's worth clicking on Quick Links, then Today's Posts to catch up with posts you've missed throughout the day.

7. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Cheers for the answers all.

Problem is that I use 3 different machines to read MAP. I often don't have time to sign in so I just open the page and click on the new posts link. I expect to see the posts that have appeared within the day. Sometimes I will get a link that says that there are no new threads but here are the posts that have appeared in the last 24 hours.

I guess I would have expected MAP to just list new posts, according to their occurrence relative to glorious Greenwich Mean Time, for each day.

Perhaps a suggestion that could be passed on to Saz?

Next time there is a MAP meet Frodo come along and I will bake! (or does it go.. if you bake it they will come?)

LFD