What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Xbox one Sloth, we can raid Dark Souls 3 together.

Baza

2. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

I only recently discovered Borderlands, much to my shame, and I love it so much. Gonna try and pick up the others once I get all achievements

3. Rhythmkiller

Epic Games.

Baza

4. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I'd love to play them, but it's one of the games I get sick from :cry:

So all I can play is, once the last episode is released, "Tales from the Borderlands".
    Better then nothing, that's for sure.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Star Wars Battlefront beta.

From what I've seen so far it could end up being a lot of fun, quicker than Battlefield and overall a rather good looking game even on Xbox at a lower res.

6. Rhythmkiller

Witcher 3. Game has totally blown me away. Didn't like witcher 2 but this version is something rather special.

Baza

7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I just finished "Contrast" which was a nice little game.
    I liked the idea of the walking in the shadows and the setting was a nice change.

Nearly finishes "Super Exploding Zoo".
    I still need the MP-trophies, aside from that it's done.
    More fun then I expected it to be.
    At times a bit tight on the time, but nothing that can't be done.

I just started "Murdered: Soul Suspect".
    Played it once already but this time around I will take more of my time.
    I know the story already and thought it was good.
    The last I played it at a friends, so it was all on German, which is certainly less fun as it is compared to English.
    The voice actors just do a better job!

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Been playing a bit of Blood Bowl 2 on the PS4. Nothing spectacular, a little fiddly to play after playing the previous versions on the PC. Commentary is drab compared to previous games, the lack of teams is pretty dire (and no, I am NOT playing as Bretonnians). Generally quite a let down, really.

Oh lawd, is the single player campaign dire...

Also played Crysis 3. Not played the first two so I'm patching together the story as I go, but I actually kinda enjoyed it. Admittedly spent the entire time as more of a stealth killer and didn't try running nuts with grenades, machine guns and armour skin. That also looks fun.

Played The Last Of Us: Left Behind (stand alone DLC) for the PS4 - blown away by the graphics compared to the PS3 and how much better it looks. Also, great little bit of filler story. Currently playing through the main game again because I've missed playing it. Love it.

Not sure if I should pick up MGSV or ESO next though...

9. Dean Winchester

There's a 7 day trial for Playstation Now you can sign up to.

I'm utterly underwhelmed by it to be honest but it's probably worth a look as it's free.

10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Interesting. I was wondering about it.
    Not so much for me, but because a friend of mine used to play it on both PC and the tabletop-version as well.
    Reading this I guess I can warn him to at least not get it for the full price.

I am *so* tempted to get the PS4 version of the game as well.

I totally loved the SP/ story and thought left behind was great as well.
    But since I go for trophies as well (something I really should stop, since it's a bit of a waste of time sometimes, I know) I'm annoyed by the MP just thinking about it.
    Roughly 24-30 hours of gameplay I don't eve like... :cry:

BUT - that SP!

Is there a big difference graphic-wise?

11. LemonSloth

Yeah, definitely avoid paying full price.

Thing is, I'm a pretty hardcore fan of the game. Was playing it on the table top long before the PC games came out, I think I've had pretty much every copy of the game since they started releasing it. It's really not particularly exciting.

The scenes with the commentators, who have always been entertaining personalities, is just utterly lifeless. And you can't skip through any of it in the single player mode.

On the plus side, the graphics are pretty.

I ended up getting it because my daughter now has my old PS3 and I still wanted to play the game.

I forgot how much I damn well hate clickers though :p

Same here, definitely one of the better stories in gaming that has come out in recent years.

I actually decided as a result with pretty much any game that specifically requires you to do stuff in a multiplayer mode that I would just leave them and be damned. I hate multiplayer gaming with a passion. It's my adventure, dag nabbit! :p

It's fairly pronounced actually. It's not enough to say "Wow, this game looks completely different!" but you do notice that the graphics are a little smoother, the lines a bit cleaner, the faces a bit more pronounced which makes the whole overall visual experience more pronounced.

12. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

In case the friend of mine wants to get it, I will give him your feedback.
    If he still wants to get it right away, it's his loss after all ;)
    Thanks!

I don't get why people keep giving away their Ps3s :p
    At least it stayed in the family :D

lol, yeah, they can be a pain.

The same friend from above (pretty much the only one I have lol) got the game and played it for the first time.
    At some pint he was: Clickers are cool. They do nothing and are so easy to avoid and yadda yadda yadda.
    At some point I realized, that he only played on easy so far :D

Same here!
    Games that have an excessive MP I only play on my secondary account.
    Games that are boostable or I just actually enjoy (loved the coop-mode in the Uncharted games!) I play on my main account anyway :whistle:
    And there are exceptions like TLoU.
    (I'm still mad at the advertising. "We added an awesome coop-MP!" Yeah, right... coop.... :rolleyes:)

And even more tempted now.
    Great.
    :bang:

13. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Star Wars battle front Beta and FFXIV
    The Beta is very fun, very star warsy.

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Xbox Gold and PSN has released Tomb Raider for free. Which I'm happy, as I got the 360 version a while ago. And it looks great on a nex-gen console.

Also unapologetically violent and long for game.

15. Rhythmkiller

You do what I did and get yourself a copy of dark souls then try to find a way to rid yourself of your new addiction.

Baza

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  16. LemonSloth

No! Don't do this! You will think nothing of losing 100+ hours of your life in the first couple of weeks playing that game!

17. Rhythmkiller

Hehehe there is a price to be paid.

Baza

18. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Had it for ages but not started it until now, Dishonoured. Liking the ES meets AC feel.

19. Dean Winchester

Upgrade Blink asap, job done. :)

20. Dean Winchester

Anyone here play Elder Scrolls Online on the Xbox One?