New Articles

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 17, 2004.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

We have an update for the Articles Section...

From Prize Fighting to Pugilism - by Louie Pastore

And 9 new poems by Phillip "Way of the Dragon" Session.

Also - we are looking for MAP members to write basic introductions and technical guides relating to the arts they practice. What we have in mind is a technical guide to the basics of your art - with some photographs. All submissions should be sent to yoda@martialartsplanet.com. If you wish to discuss this before embarking on writing an article just contact me as above.

2. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Cool Ive been waiting for somebody to put out some new poems.

And YODA pm me with what exactlly your looking for as far as the basic intos go and I can probably do some research and get the info for styles. But youd have to give me a general outline as Im not good with organizing things like essays and such unless I have an outline.

3. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Yipee, my poems have finally arived:D
    and Louie, I loved the article man. I didn't know all that about boxing:eek:
    WoW, it truly did come a long way

4. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

New York 1709

Glad to hear you liked the article Phil
    Exactly same stuff was happening in the USA......... ;)

"Proof that boxing was relatively widespread comes from an unexpected source — the USA. In a 1938 book Cities In The Wilderness, Carl Bridenbaugh says a reference to prize-fighting was made as early as 1709 when attempts were made by British settlers and the rising, `nouveau riche' of New York society to recreate the atmosphere of British entertainments. This included plays, horse races and prize fights".
    Bare Fists: The History of Bare-Knuckle Prize-Fighting, Bob Mee 2001

Louie

5. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

Sounds like they forgot most of it to me!

Although thinking about it, if it means giving mike tyson a stick to fight with maybe its for the best :)