Christmas Giveaway

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Simon, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It's that time of year when Martial Arts Planet gives away a year's supporting membership.

All you have to do is nominate someone and say why.

We'll pick someone and on Xmas day I'll award the membership.

It can be a newby or long standing member and anyone can vote, including the MOD Team.

Good luck.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Can we nominate more than 1?

3. Simon

Sure, nominate away.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I nominate Nachi. Because she has a great training workout log here.

5. Simon

I nominate YouKnowWho.

Always posts good advice and actual tried and tested methods to deal will all manner of questions.

While I don't always agree he is a knowledgeable poster and valuable member.

6. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I nominate Please reality.... always guaranteed to make you reflect on the post (agree or disagree) and always present a unique perspective.

7. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I nominate David Harrison. He's pretty regularly active and contributes well to discussion.

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I reserve my nominating right until the banned user list is active again xD

9. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I'm with Ben, David Harrison. Contributes a lot to all kinds of discussion and always willing to help others.

10. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I nominate Chadderz because of his enthusiasm and passion for MMA and furthering it by sharing that through documentation

11. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Oh man, somehow I thought he had one already or I would have nominated him.

12. Simon

Chadderz won last year and graciously gave it away to someone else.

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Was that last year?! That was quick.

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You read my blog? :D

15. Simon

Need some more nominations please.

16. aaradia

Ok, you said we could nominate more than one, so I have another nomination.

Both my choices are people who maybe aren't as prolific in all areas of MAP as others, so I think they slide under the radar when these things come up. But they do make contributions to certain parts of MAP that are excellent.

I already mentioned Nachi and her contributions to the workout log.

My second nomination is Ned. I think his posts in the TCC/ Internal arts area are quite beneficial to those areas. Good quality posts in an area where we get a lot of strange things thrown out. I always look forward to what he has to say.

17. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Oh, I haven't noticed this before! Aaradia, thank you very much! I indeed think of myself more as a person in shadows around here, so that's why I appreciate your thoughts even more! Thank you very much. I believe there are people more fitting to win than myself, but I appreciate the gesture just as if I already won! ^^ Thank you!

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Nachi for her blog and positive attitude
    Chadderz because he's the most consistently friendly and helpful poster to noobs.
    Philosoraptor because he is always engaged, engaging, and I like the name :D
    Cloudz because after all these years he's still contributing knowledgably

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  19. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I nominate Latikos. Although she may not be one of the most active writers here, she is a fighter and from what I can tell lives for martial arts and keeps getting out of her comfort zone to get better and challenge herself.

I also nominate aaradia. She often offers good advise and from her interesting log it's easy to tell she trains very often and is knowledgeable in what she does and happy to give her opinion without being rude or right away dismiss the question or opinion of anyone, however ridiculous it may seem. And I appreciate that :)

If I can still nominate more, my third candidate is Fish of Doom. I may not know him too well, but I'm always awed by his knowledge that he's happy to share on the forum.

...and Travess. Just because he trains in a style I am also a fan of and I enjoy his log! :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  20. aaradia

Thanks Nachi, but moderators get the benefits of this membership as a perk of being a mod. So, Fish of Doom and I don't qualify.

But I appreciate the thought and the kind words!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016