Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Have you had a random thought today that you want to share because it's THAT good, but can't find a thread to post it in? Maybe a clever meme involving a situation you were in with a fun back story, a random event or training situation that doesn't warrant its own thread? Did you come across a random tidbit of wisdom today? Did you learn something really simple, strange, or crazy that you feel like sharing?

Well, this is the place for you to share it!

I'll start!

When you punch somebody in boxing, it is a good idea to close your first (more specifically loop your thumb under your fingers). If you don't, and you land a really good punch (lets say a lead hook) your thumb may just get caught up on somebody's face and get sprained! It makes the rest of sparring and your boxing workout a real bugger!

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

My tidbit for the day.

Don't tell a girl she's "stunning" via the internetz and expect any normal social interaction after that.

I'm not 15 anymore but I still do stupid things

3. Mangosteen

Training related - Pinning the hips or shoulders and off lining the knees, head or feet prevents the opponent generating any sort of power for a defence and gives good control during groundwork.

4. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I met a girl last night that has the frenulum that attaches the upper lip to the gum pierced :| I've never seen that before in my life, but apparently she's creativer than I.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You can Google the word frenulum with your search engine set to return images only and the parental filter to off... and it's quite possibly the most disturbing mix of images you will see all day.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

yeah bro - go from compliment to creepy in about .0024 seconds. :D

7. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

OMG! :wow:

8. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I hope so.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

"It goes without saying that..." is the most utterly pointless phrase in the English language.

10. Ero-Sennin

If you are married and are at the house with nothing to do, your spouse will undoubtably find something for you to do.

This is the first thing I thought of upon waking up, as my wife is still asleep. I think I'll just go get some bag work in at the gym and hope she leaves to the library before I get back, then head to the gym again when she decides she wants to call me up to pick her up (instead of taking the metro) so I have an excuse to not drive all the way into D.C. : P. Relationships . . . . they have all these "expectations" and stuff, sigh*.

11. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

That was just wrong slip... I want my innocence back!! :' P

12. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I saw some piercings in places I didn't think you could get done on one of those other sites I also post on, but then just searching it does appear to be in that general frenulum area. Keep that thing away from me!

In other news whenever any uses "so on trend" in an eBay ad I want to go around their house and beat them to death with last seasons' Vogue. I'm not really for keeping up with what you should and shouldn't wear. It's winter, therefore wear thicker clothes, layer, etc. Simple

13. Ero-Sennin

14. Mangosteen

[​IMG]

15. Mangosteen

my thought of the day:

Sometimes you gotta take a lazy day, but dont let one lazy day become 3!

16. Ero-Sennin

When the present becomes history, it won't be documented only on paper. There will be video evidence. Our children, and our children's children will see how freakin' stupid we are as well as what the majority of your people decide/do as a collective whole. I think when I have kids, I'm going to ban discussion on history in our house because some of the subjects will be too embarrassing for me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc[/ame]

My favorite part is the talk about deployments and doing too many. I deployed 3 times in my four year journey of ridiculousness : P.

17. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

When in doubt, don't.

It took me a long time to figure this one out but it has saved me a lot of trouble since I did.

18. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

very misunderestimated:rolleyes:

19. Ero-Sennin

What the heck does that mean? :confused:

20. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

A lot of good ideas come from the toilet, both figuratively and literally.