Bad Ninjutsu Videos and Critiques w/o Off Topic Videos

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fu_Bag, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

I think this guy has come up before, unsurprisingly.

thedojoinc.com

The "inc" should be an important clue to prospective students, but is probably missed.

Agreed, he is clueless and making up things to say. Then again maybe his teacher told him these things?

2. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

3. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Yes these guys have stared here before many times. I think it's possibly a gay couple whom run this dojo, there's another possibly slightly older gentleman who is usually in the clips also.
    However bad they are at the ryuha, they seem genuinely sincere and caring in their dojo business. Keeps the kids off the streets and away from smoking crack :D

4. Troy Wideman

Troy Wideman Valued Member

Hello,

First off he has to demonstrate the kata right, he has no idea what he is doing.

Kind Regards,

Troy Wideman

5. hatsie

Not doing it right?! He said and demo'd " hold his wrist for your life! And enter the cave!"

Exactly as per Takamatsu sensei's teachings.

" only the warrior with the white knuckles from a death grip, and single minded attention on nothing but that grip can succeed"
    It's all in the quest densho :D

6. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Divine nonsense. Crap in/crap out.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgx3f5Frrc"]Sensei Rob Renner Shares Secrets Of Bujinkan Ninjutsu With Sensei Roemke - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing wrong with looking away from the opponent to practice a certain skill. However, purposefully looking away while you do crapjutsu is not a good practice, nor does it lead to any martially useful skill. Why anyone would suggest you come all the way to Japan to train with a foreigner is beyond me.:dunno: It's also dangerous leaning like that when the opponent is down.

Training like that won't lead to anything divine, more like a KO if you try any of that on the street.

7. TomD

TomD Valued Member

Oh my lord...
    Less talking more training.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

He's got a good set of guns.

9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

They look weird to me. Not in proportion to the rest of him... I'll just throw the notion of implants out there... definitely form over function, anyway.

I did like his divinely-inspired teabagging at 1'10" though. That's my kind of divine inspiration! :D

10. bboygyro

bboygyro Valued Member

I see zero point in commenting on a video that bad.

11. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

All I could think of watching that video was. If carrot top had a brother, that would be him right there. Oh and that magical tea bag moment had me laughing fairly hard.

12. hatsie

You can just tell he's king of the 'selfie's'

13. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

I was going to mention that he was in good shape. However, he isn't in martial shape for these arts. You can tell by how he moves. If he knew the ryutai undo, he would move more connectedly and not try to "arm" a lot of the moves he was demonstrating because he wouldn't have to.

Compared to the hordes of out of shape people who populate a lot of martial arts dojos, he might seem impressive; but compared to the Japanese masters of these arts, he isn't in the least.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiakJkqtqsM"]123654789 - YouTube[/ame]

To illustrate what I mean further, watch parts of this video. Sure, his explanations seem to make sense of the insensible way some things in these arts seem, but he is just making things up. Yes, he's flexible and strong. However, many of the movements are incorrect, posture is compromised, the leaks in skill caused by misunderstanding are just stopped up, not filled. Many make the excuse that Bujinkan movement looks different from other styles of fighting to make up for a lack of realistic training and holes in understanding the true art. Yes, some things are different, but if it looks questionable and unrealistic, 9 times out of 10 it is.

To be more concise, taijutsu means body art. So you don't move parts of your body without moving the rest. Like just your knee to bump him, or your hips out of alignment to do something else. You also don't lean in ways that take you off balance. These kinds of things are commonsense but it's not always common.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  14. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

I saw that on Facebook. I lol'ed. I figure taking your opponent's balance like that would be more impressive if your opponent had any balance to begin with. Watch him punch.

What is even sadder is the fanboys who commented on it.

15. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yes.... Because the Bujinkan and X-kans are known for their exceptional punching ability.....

16. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

You're making my point for me.

17. Pretty In Pink

I've never seen anyone from ninjutsu punch competently.

18. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

I know it will sound a bit lame but you havent seen the right ones then. I know a few teachers who know pretty well what they are doing. Hatsumi sensei btw was a high ranked karateka and was also quite good at boxing, or so Ive heard. This was Before he met Takamatsu sensei who, obviously, impressed him to the Point that he looked to ninjutsu for his martial art rather than go back to his karate or judo. Just saying....

Regards / Skuggvarg

19. Pretty In Pink

I think a more accurate answer would be that there are very very few good punchers/strikers in Ninjutsu. Not an unfair comment or a slight, as it is mostly a grappling art.

20. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Or just that they punch in a way you do not? Though yep there are some shocking ones out there!

Is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.