Carano vs. Rousey looks likely in December...

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Jul 19, 2014.

1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Y'know what's better than energy? Bacon.

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Wow, the only thing that ever gave me headaches when I gave it up is tea.

I can take or leave animal products and wheat without any adverse effects. Funny how differently our bodies can react.

3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

To be honest its probably the same reason as the chinese used bodyweight exercises and weighted implements, they didn’t have access to heavier weights, especially in the pooreer more remote regions

Modern wrestlers, even those from iran and turkey make use of both, but use weights much more, I remember watching a dvd on the indian wrestlers and the one club which was moving towards letting its students compete internationally in free style had both added weights and a matted area, evolution I suppose

I have also had the pleasure of wrestling a number of Pakistani and indian freestyle wrestlers from the Leicester wrestling clubs, genetically there must be something in the way they are built because they are to a man massive and massively strong,

Reg park was a vegetarian to, so that shows you can be a meat free lifter and still get sort of big and strong lol

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Just curious, did you ever have proper allergy testing done (standard blood/skin can be misleading) for wheat intolerance?

5. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

No I was just doing an elimination diet to find out what things affected my crohnes. Wheat doesn't appear to affect it too severely and it seems generally limited to acidic and spicy foods, but now that it is generally in remission, onion seems to be the only things that really do. However I do find that if I eat wheat more than every 2nd day consistently I have problems.

6. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Most bodybuilding sites now have a all vegan section on their forums. I know I should eat a lot more veggies than I do, even if not being a full blown vegan.
    I do have one advantage now that my father in law goes all of his own veggies... quite a lot of them. Doesn't add the common junk you see getting sprayed on fields or something else to try to make them huge.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

My theory - well not much of a theory - is that it is because that is literally ALL they do.

Wake, train, eat, train, sleep, train, eat, train, sleep repeat

Without everyday distractions how can they NOT get good?

All joking aside I legitimately am looking at it as a viable option. I am a crotchety old git I know, but not so old as I can't make a huge difference in my training.

I will obviously make a bacon exception

8. Saved_in_Blood

My powerful shin kick will stop them all

Edit: as soon as I get my x-rays on my knees back

9. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

So it seems...

It seems that Ronda has more faith in Gina's chances then many of the people here:

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/ronda-rousey-i-want-to-be-the-highest-grossing-actor-in-the-world-080514?cmpid=tsmtw%3Afscom%3Aufconfox

10. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Absolutely true!!! :)

11. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Pre-fight talk to build up the fight. I really doubt that Rousey or her coach feel that way. The one thing they probably worry about is that Gina is the bigger person and that could have an effect. Still I think Rousey will win this one easily!

12. Saved_in_Blood

If she doesn't... even if she struggles with Carano, it won't make her look good. I still have the opinion of win or lose that she will make money yes, but her legacy still takes a bit of a hit.

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Well, she idolizes Gina for one thing.

For another, she has to hype this potential fight. Saying, "she hasn't fought in 5 years, the sport has evolved while she has made movies, I will walk over her and it won't be much of a fight" isn't going to help sell tickets in this case.

14. Combat Sports

So the suggestion is, that she is lying?

15. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

Its tough to judge, or even talk about, legacy when the division was just created and there's only a handful of fighters in the weight class in UFC. She's running out of people to fight.

16. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

No, as aaradia said - she needs to hype the fight.

17. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I'm not sure that's true. There's Zingano, Eye, Holm and McMann will probably get a rematch. All those people are active in the weight class. Then there's Cyborg on her way to the division, Lauren Murphy is on a roll, Pena will be back from injury soon and that's before we get to the almost inevitable Tate III.

She's got at least 2 years of good fights before she can claim to have cleared out the division.

18. Combat Sports

And the newly signed Holly Holm.