Frodocious's Fabulous Female Fitness Frenzy

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Frodocious, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I have run a sub 10 min mile in the past - I did require resuscitation afterwards though! :)

2. Frodocious

5/7/14

Snowboarding.
    ~2.5hrs. Had a 4hr lift pass, but my crappy fitness levels meant lots of resting between runs. However, I did more than I did last session, so my muscles are starting to get use to things again.

Starting to work on buttering. It looks great when done properly - I'm not doing it properly yet (I fall over really well though)!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQcqyqlfnC4"]2014 snowboarding Ultimate Buttering / Flatland - YouTube[/ame]

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

That looks cool.

4. Frodocious

It does, doesn't it. I'd love to be a quarter as good at it as Ryan Knapton!

6/7/14

1 mile run done as intervals
    2 mins run, 2 mins walk x1
    1 min run, 2 mins walk 3

Sprints
    30m x 2
    Had planned to do 5 to 10 sets of sprints but my quads were in agony after yesterday's snowboarding, so I gave up after 2 sets. I didn't want to pull anything.

Band pull aparts

5. Frodocious

8/07/14

1.1 mile jog. Very slow (13.5 mins).

6. Frodocious

12/7/14

2 mins 15secs run, 2 mins walk x1
    1 min run, 2 mins walk x3

Sprints
    30m x 4
    Had planned to do 5 to 10 sets of sprints but my quads were still painfully tightening up after last week's snowboarding, so I gave up after 4 sets.

7. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

If your knees/hips are up to it, you might enjoy stepping. That is-get yourself an exercise stool or step and step up on it (so both feet are on the top) and step down. If you do this quickly, you get some of the benefits of sprints and a leg press at the same time. :) I always hold a sandbag while I do this for extra challenge for the legs/back. Cheers!

8. Frodocious

14/7/14

Jog
    1.2 miles 14 mins 30 secs

16/07/14

Barbell complex 10kg

Back squat x5
    Deadlift x5
    Row x5
    Hang power clean x5
    Front squat x5
    1 min rest
    Repeat x5

Also getting back to doing a 1 mile walk at lunchtime.

9. Frodocious

19/7/14

1.5hrs snowboarding
    Starting to feel a little more confident with really basic buttering. My stupid legs are really out of condition though. I'm hoping the running and the barbell complexes start to help with this.

21/7/14

1.3 mile jog, 15 mins 30secs
    100m run ~27secs x5

10. icefield

icefield Valued Member

if you are looking to increase the conditioning of your legs and overall fitness try some weighted high box step ups for continued time
    sets of 10 minutes with your heart rate under 165bpm with 5 min break between sets, aim for 2 sets of 10 at the start and work up from there, do it once or twice a week.... your legs can thank me later:D

11. Frodocious

Unfortunately, I don't have any way to do step ups at the moment, but I might add some lunge complexes into my routine

23/7/14

2 mins 15secs run, 2 mins walk x1
    1 min run, 2 mins walk x3

Short runs
    100m x5

12. Frodocious

24/07/14

Barbell complex 11kg

Back squat x6
    Deadlift x6
    Row x6
    Hang power clean x6
    Front squat x6
    1 min rest
    Repeat x6

It was like training in an oven in the garage!

13. Frodocious

My lower back and right hip were really unhappy about life the next morning after this. I must remember to warm up and cool down properly in future!

26/7/14

2 mins 30secs run, 2 mins walk x1
    1 min run, 2 mins walk x2
    1 min run, 1 min walk x1

Short runs
    100m x6

14. Frodocious

27/07/14

Barbell complex 12kg

Back squat x6
    Deadlift x6
    Row x6
    Hang power clean x6
    Front squat x6
    1 min rest
    Repeat x7

Short mobility drill cool down and some easy stretching.

15. Frodocious

28/7/14

1.4 mile jog, 15 mins 30 secs

16. matveimediaarts

edit: n/m, forum glitch

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  17. matveimediaarts

Hey Frodo-you may benefit from ballet barre stretches. Very good for hammys, quads, back, neck especially, but the whole body in one way or another. There are lots of examples on youtube. My ballet teacher got me hooked on it and I now do it almost every day :) If you don't have access to a bar, you might be able to find a solar plexus high shelf or something instead. ttyl. Keep up the good work. :)

18. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

my dad had me do bar stretches all the time as a kid (he was a contemporary ballet dancer) and im sure this (along with some genetic component) gave me the only advantage i have (flexibility)

19. Frodocious

29/07/14

Barbell complex 13kg

Back squat x6
    Deadlift x6
    Row x6
    Hang power clean x6
    Front squat x6
    Standing 1 arm landmine press (10kg) x6
    1 min rest
    Repeat x8

1/8/14

~4hrs Snowboarding

All day performance course designed to pick up technique issues, and it was absolutely brilliant! I was particularly impressed by the way that plenty of time was spent on each suggested improvement, allowing us time to absorb the advice and practice the new skills. Too many courses bombard you with loads of information and don't give you the time to learn them and practice them. This course certainly didn't take this approach to teaching. The video analysis was really useful too. It allowed us to see where we were going wrong, even the really small details that tweaking can make a massive difference to technique. We all came away from the day with a list of things that we can work on. The small group size was also very helpful (there were 4 people on this course). Great fun (aside from having to get up at 5.15am to miss the rush hour traffic).

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you're slowly upping the weight and number of sets as you're doing these.

So what's the goal? How far are you looking to go with it? Set number of sets/weight/just 'cos/time frame/etc?