Martial Arts Planet

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet » Articles and Reviews » Chinese Martial Arts Articles
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Old 07-Mar-2013, 07:50 PM
Valued Member

Sorry about responding, my emails of thread notices are behind

....... for what its worth is to keep it real, martial arts are not always about fighting at all, even when your sparring. Sometimes its just about fitness and learning some technique. .
Old 07-Mar-2013, 07:55 PM
Angriest MAP resident....

My fault entirely, not yours
www.calgaryjkd.com
Old 08-Mar-2013, 01:41 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodocious View Post
And, as such, we should give him benefit of the doubt and move on from the issue.
My point entirely,madam.
Old 20-Mar-2014, 12:59 AM
Registered Mapper

Qi gong, useful in crisis situation where might get you hurt!
Old 20-Mar-2014, 02:08 AM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialartsstar View Post
Qi gong, useful in crisis situation where might get you hurt!
How so?

....... for what its worth is to keep it real, martial arts are not always about fighting at all, even when your sparring. Sometimes its just about fitness and learning some technique. .
Old 21-Mar-2014, 04:08 AM
Registered Mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47MartialMan View Post
How so?
In China, every Qigong leaner should learn it step by step...
In Chinese Kung Fu novels, there is a saying 走火入魔, directly translation is "possessed by the Devil", it means Qigong should be learned step by step, or it will hurt yourself.
Old 27-Jun-2014, 10:48 AM
Registered Mapper

Anybody who seriously trains in Qigong could defeat any black belt of any other art cause it can things like make your body literally harder than steel....I even tried stabbing may Qigong teacher in the chest with a sharp knife and the knife broke..... just saying :P
Old 27-Jun-2014, 11:32 AM
Medway Tai Chi Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Anybody who seriously trains in Qigong could defeat any black belt of any other art cause it can things like make your body literally harder than steel....I even tried stabbing may Qigong teacher in the chest with a sharp knife and the knife broke..... just saying :P
I call shenanigans on this tale...

Qigong is simply the practice of coordinating deep, abdominal breathing in time with physical movements, and using that breath to release tension in the posture.

What you're saying it just pure fantasy.

A thousand circles
One more day
This lonely practice
Old 27-Jun-2014, 05:10 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Yeah,well we'll believe it when he lets someone who's NOT a student of his take a stab at him. Someone with a good rep,like Chuck Norris.Or Hannibal.

Seriously,if some people can do this why do they never offer themselves to be tested at places like Harvard,or Oxford? They have good testing facilities in places like that.

Oh....yeah-that's why no one offers to be tested in such places. Maybe you can convince your teacher to be the first. But I doubt it.

Last edited by El Medico; 28-Jun-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spilling error
Old 27-Jun-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
You are either -

(a) a troll
(b) a liar
(c) a moron

or possibly some hybrid mutation of all three
www.calgaryjkd.com
Old 27-Jun-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Medico View Post
Yeah,well we'll believe it when he lets someone who's NOT a student of his take a stab at him. Someone with a good rep,like Chuck Norris.Or Hannibal.

Seroiusly,if some people can do this why do they never offer themselves to be tested at places like Harvard,or Oxford? They have good testing facilities in places like that.

Oh....yeah-that's why no one offers to be tested in such places. Maybe you can convince your teacher to be the first. But I doubt it.
I am SO up for this! Can I use my own knife?

I have one I personally designed and had forged specifically for being efficient at fighting and hurting
www.calgaryjkd.com
Old 27-Jun-2014, 06:27 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I am SO up for this! Can I use my own knife?

I have one I personally designed and had forged specifically for being efficient at fighting and hurting
Yeah.. Ain't nothing like having something custom-made in order to "try it out"

Old 28-Jun-2014, 09:14 PM
Registered Mapper

Im not lying my teacher was taught by a shaolin monk......Qigong practices breathing into the diaphram and then squeezing using your stomach to create pressure and therefore make your body hard also by using Chi, the training for these techniques are rare to obtain because the monks in shaolin keep it secret. Havent u seen on documentaries or whatever about the monks who have superhuman strength or breaking a spear with their neck? How do u thnk they do dat?
Old 28-Jun-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Im not lying my teacher was taught by a shaolin monk......Qigong practices breathing into the diaphram and then squeezing using your stomach to create pressure and therefore make your body hard also by using Chi, the training for these techniques are rare to obtain because the monks in shaolin keep it secret. Havent u seen on documentaries or whatever about the monks who have superhuman strength or breaking a spear with their neck? How do u thnk they do dat?
Parlour tricks, relaxation and practice.

I've never done it with a spear, but even now I can put a broom handle on my throat, have you put the other end on your chest and still be able to push you away.

The Shaolin monks are awesomely conditioned, and that's a major part of it.

Chi though is nothing more than breath control.
Old 29-Jun-2014, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Easily - Carnies have been doing that for years...shaving your head and putting on orange robes doesn't make it any more mysterious
www.calgaryjkd.com