Martial Arts Planet

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet » Articles and Reviews » Chinese Martial Arts Articles
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Old 09-Apr-2012, 09:10 AM
Valued Member

Here is another example of a Breathwork regimen....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP0-eMTg_Jc"]Wuwater Tigerboxing: Prenatal Breath, Posture & Transition Regimen - YouTube[/ame]
Author of The Art of Western Tai Chi Ch'uan
Old 10-Apr-2012, 02:41 AM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELSGYMSINGH View Post
Here is another example of a Breathwork regimen....

Wuwater Tigerboxing: Prenatal Breath, Posture & Transition Regimen - YouTube

Question; What is Qigong?
Answer: The forever in time discussion of the martial art (and Star Wars) existence of something quite often debated

....... for what its worth is to keep it real, martial arts are not always about fighting at all, even when your sparring. Sometimes its just about fitness and learning some technique. .
Old 05-May-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered Mapper

Very good article, that's why i respect Chinese culture and tradition.They are respectul and have honor in what they do and in the same time they push their body to limit being able tyo use Qigong,impressive.I would like to learn this in the future.
Old 09-Aug-2012, 06:52 AM
Registered Mapper

Thank you

Wonderful information
Old 12-Aug-2012, 03:54 PM
Banned

QiGong is the Asian method of conditioning that promotes Health in the HUman Body commonly characterized as "good Qi flow" within the context of Chinese Medicine. I use "Eight Pieces of Brocade" quite often, but if I lifted weights, ran a couple of miles each day, ate well, or any of a dozen other things that encouraged Health, the TCM people would still say I had "good Qi flow". FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Old 13-Aug-2012, 09:39 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce W Sims View Post
QiGong is the Asian method of conditioning that promotes Health in the HUman Body commonly characterized as "good Qi flow" within the context of Chinese Medicine. I use "Eight Pieces of Brocade" quite often, but if I lifted weights, ran a couple of miles each day, ate well, or any of a dozen other things that encouraged Health, the TCM people would still say I had "good Qi flow". FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Yeah..and then there are those whom can "feel another's flow"

I feel ya....

....... for what its worth is to keep it real, martial arts are not always about fighting at all, even when your sparring. Sometimes its just about fitness and learning some technique. .
Old 13-Aug-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Agreed, but who do they have to blame? How many people actually research what they are invested in? Further, how many people, when they ask an intelligent question, catch a raft of stuff, so they shut-up and just make things up for themselves?

My own personal impression is that far too many people use things like MA and TCM to garner some sort of regard from others that those people were too damn lazy to work for through legit means. Think about it for a second...... sure I can go to Med school for 8 years and do my Residency...but why? How about I just go and take a Mail Order class and get a certificate and now I can tell everyone that I am able to control some arcane power, right?

The reason we can't have intelligent discussions about this stuff is that people would rather believe what they want to believe than actually investigate the facts.

Just the way people are....

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Old 14-Aug-2012, 05:19 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce W Sims View Post
The reason we can't have intelligent discussions about this stuff is that people would rather believe what they want to believe than actually investigate the facts.

Just the way people are....
Ignorance is Bliss....there are a lot of "happy" people out there

Old 15-Aug-2012, 12:19 AM
Banned

Yeah....amazing how many of them are associated with MA one way or another.

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Old 20-Feb-2013, 09:18 AM
Killing you softly

In traditional Chinese culture, q (also chi or ch'i) is an active principle forming part of any living thing. Qi is frequently translated as "life energy", "life force", or "energy flow".
Qi is the central underlying principle in traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts. The literal translation of "qi" is "breath", "air", or "gas".

Concepts similar to qi can be found in many cultures, for example, prana in Vedantic philosophy, mana in Hawaiian culture, lng in Tibetan Buddhism, and Vital energy in Western philosophy. Some elements of qi can be understood in the term energy when used by writers and practitioners of various esoteric forms of spirituality and alternative medicine. Notions in the West of energeia, lan vital, or "vitalism" are purported to be similar.

A qi field (chu-chong) refers to the cultivation of an energy field by a group, typically for healing or other benevolent purposes. A qi field is believed to be produced by visualization and affirmation, and is an important component of Wisdom Healing Qigong (Zhineng Qigong), founded by Grandmaster Ming Pang.

Qgōng is a practice involving coordinated breathing, movement, and awareness, traditionally viewed as a practice to cultivate and balance qi. With roots in traditional Chinese medicine, philosophy, and martial arts, qigong is now practiced worldwide for exercise, healing, meditation, and training for martial arts. Typically a qigong practice involves rhythmic breathing coordinated with slow stylized movement, a calm mindful state, and visualization of guiding qi.

Qi is a didactic concept in many Chinese, Korean and Japanese martial arts. Martial qigong is a feature of both internal and external training systems in China, and other East Asian cultures. The most notable of the qi-focused "internal" force (jin) martial arts are Baguazhang, Xing Yi Quan, Tai Chi Chuan, Kung Fu, Aikido, Aikijujutsu, Kyūdō, Hapkido, jian and katana swordplay, Luohan Quan, Liu He Ba Fa, Buddhist Style, and some forms of Karate, Tae Kwon Do and Silat.

Demonstrations of qi are popular in some martial arts and may include the immovable body, the unraisable body, the unbendable arm and other feats of power. All, or some, of these feats can alternatively be explained using biomechanics and physics.
Old 07-Mar-2013, 04:07 AM
Valued Member

@ Dirtymeat;

Therefore, demonstrations of qi, still cannot produce or confirm

Old 07-Mar-2013, 12:14 PM
Angriest MAP resident....

I see you haven't learned not to post great globs of text from other sites without credit have you Dirtymeat?

Copying and pasting wikipedia is not proving much is it?
www.calgaryjkd.com
Old 07-Mar-2013, 04:53 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I see you haven't learned not to post great globs of text from other sites without credit have you Dirtymeat?

Copying and pasting wikipedia is not proving much is it?
That was copy and pasted about three weeks ago.He just got back a couple days ago from The Holy Sin Bin for such antics.

I think he's been refraining from such practices now.
Old 07-Mar-2013, 05:07 PM
She who MUST be obeyed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Medico View Post
That was copy and pasted about three weeks ago.He just got back a couple days ago from The Holy Sin Bin for such antics.

I think he's been refraining from such practices now.
And, as such, we should give him benefit of the doubt and move on from the issue.
Old 07-Mar-2013, 06:15 PM
Angriest MAP resident....

That was totally mea culpa - I saw 47MM and the reply above and mixed teh dates

Apologies Dirtymeat, J'accuse faussement
www.calgaryjkd.com