Martial Arts Planet  

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet > Articles and Reviews > Chinese Martial Arts Articles
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Old 22-Feb-2010, 04:27 AM
Valued Member

We have begun filming some internaland external training methods as they pertain to MMA rules fighting. Bagua/Silat movements on tires and bags, Chi Kung Tire lifting drills, Ground Bag and Mook Jong striking/grappling drills and Western Boxing Moving Bag Drills alldone with the emphasis of maintaining the 5 Character Secret, The 5 Energies and Attraction into emptiness.... Take a look at these training films that sample someof our internal and external drills...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9Hg7FfS0Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9Hg7FfS0Q[/ame]
Old 22-Feb-2010, 05:56 AM
Valued Member

Are the following styles "internal" or "external"?

1. The Shuai Chiao principle - human body is like 3 springs, with training, all 3 springs will be compressed and released at the same time.

2. The Baji principle - all body parts move and stop at the same time.

3. The prey mantis principle - you only see the body move and you don't see the limbs move.

4. The long fist principle - you should use your Shenfa to express your sword skill without holding a sword in your hand.

5. Zimen principle - The Yin Jin starts from your leg, goes through your arm and reaches to your finger tips. If you use your fingers to touch your leg, you will feel cold air come out of your finger tips.

Last edited by YouKnowWho; 22-Feb-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 22-Feb-2010, 06:16 AM
Valued Member

Greetings to John Wong

How are you? Dr. Stier tells me you guys had a get together last week or so. Hope it was fruitful. Thanks for the comments and Im glad you liked the video samples of our training. Its good to know that the principles of SC, Baji and Preying Mantis all follow the directives of Master I lu-yeuh's 5 Character Secret. Gary has me studying TCM very hard. My firstseminar is next month and the release of the book is very very soon. The Gym just got picked up by EFC MMA Fight Entertainment promotions (They are digging the Internal Aspects that I was talking about in the Rumsoakedfist). I am glad you finally wish to chat and learn from each other John. Itis an honor to share my sucesses with ya after such a volitile beginning... lol. Questions:

1. Are the 3 Springs concept referring to I, Li and Shen?
2. Where can I buy some Weighted Balls for Bagua Training?
3. How's your dog?
Old 22-Feb-2010, 06:24 AM
Valued Member

I could not make that get together meeting. Since I had met most of the guys, I didn't miss much and I'm sure that I'll have chance to meet the other guys in some future tournament. The 3 springs concept is the same as the body unification concept. No more and no less. My Ya Ya is great. Thanks!

Last edited by YouKnowWho; 22-Feb-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 22-Feb-2010, 06:25 AM
Valued Member

One other thing John:

Please help me understand your comment about Zimen concerning the manafestation of cold air coming from your fingertips... what does this indicate? Is the rest of the body cold...is there a specific mind intent that precedes and sustains the manafestation? What is the breathing pattern?

About the long Fist stuff...Miyamoto Musashi talks about that in the Water Book of the Book of Five Rings...has reference to the long cut and the resolution of the mountain. Thanks for helping me remember this for training..... G
Old 22-Feb-2010, 06:25 AM
Valued Member

One other thing John:

Please help me understand your comment about Zimen concerning the manafestation of cold air coming from your fingertips... what does this indicate? Is the rest of the body cold...is there a specific mind intent that precedes and sustains the manafestation? What is the breathing pattern?

About the long Fist stuff...Miyamoto Musashi talks about that in the Water Book of the Book of Five Rings...has reference to the long cut and the resolution of the mountain. Thanks for helping me remember this for training..... G
Old 22-Feb-2010, 06:37 AM
Valued Member

That's in the Zimen Chuan Pu. I had spent sometime training in that style but I could not reach to that level. The theory of Zimen style is much deeper than the Taiji system. The reason is a Zimen guy needs to train not only the Jin have to reach to the hand but also the finger tips. It's 100% Yin Jin that's differet from the Yang Jin most people did in their iron palm training. The 1st step is to break through the 3 joints (shoulder joint, elbow joint, and wrist joint). So your body have to be extream Sung. When you strike with your Yin Jin, your Yin Jin will go through all those 3 joints while the body is in extream relax situation.

Last edited by YouKnowWho; 22-Feb-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 22-Feb-2010, 06:43 AM
Valued Member

I will research this.... Thank you John.
Old 22-Feb-2010, 06:44 AM
Valued Member

I will research this.... Thank you John.
Old 22-Feb-2010, 04:02 PM
Valued Member

It takes years to be able to develop the jin in different parts of the body then to connect them in one unbroken stream. Any excess physcial tension in or surrounding a joint will prevent the effect. YouKnowWho is correct in this but he only mentions the arms and shoulder joints. Don't forget the spine, hips, knees and ankles also to get the jin from the root to the fingertips. When you have achieved this you will really have developed something phenomenol.
Old 22-Feb-2010, 11:47 PM
Valued Member

Stormy

As Musashi advises... I will study hard... and Thanks!!!!
Old 23-Feb-2010, 04:20 PM
Valued Member

As I have heard, external and internal lead to the same source but in opposite directions.

The internal, by concentrating on qi and mind, will lead to the ability to read your opponents mind and being able to generate a kind of qi with the mind and deliver this energy in constructive or destructive form into your opponent without physically touching him/her. The person/opponent could actually be on the other side of the world.
Old 23-Feb-2010, 04:33 PM
ignant

LOL! + 1,000,000,000

If you disagree I will mind punch you wherever you may be!!!
Old 23-Feb-2010, 05:11 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFSON View Post
As I have heard, external and internal lead to the same source but in opposite directions.

The internal, by concentrating on qi and mind, will lead to the ability to read your opponents mind and being able to generate a kind of qi with the mind and deliver this energy in constructive or destructive form into your opponent without physically touching him/her. The person/opponent could actually be on the other side of the world.
This sort of cr@p is what prevents people from taking the internal arts seriously. It isn't a fantasy world or science fiction and you can't physically affect someone on the other side of the world with your qi. If you think that's for real show us someone who can to that.
You have heard wrong my friend or maybe you are just posting some anal spewings to get a rise out of serious practitioners.
Old 23-Feb-2010, 06:34 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeofstorm View Post
This sort of cr@p is what prevents people from taking the internal arts seriously. It isn't a fantasy world or science fiction and you can't physically affect someone on the other side of the world with your qi. If you think that's for real show us someone who can to that.
You have heard wrong my friend or maybe you are just posting some anal spewings to get a rise out of serious practitioners.
I am posting what I have experienced, my friend.
Not only the above, but one's physical movements can be manipulated by someone else's mind, such as punching oneself in one's own face against one's will.

If you don't like that reality, that is acceptable.