Martial Arts Planet  

Go Back   Martial Arts Planet > Articles and Reviews > Chinese Martial Arts Articles
Supporting Members MAP Shop Banned User List Terms of Service

Old 29-Jun-2014, 04:24 AM
Registered Mapper

Seriously? Havent u heard of training like Steel hand, Steel body, Iron palm, etc? Wateva, dont believe me if u dont want 2, I dont care U can find out about it urself if u want.
Old 29-Jun-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Seriously? Havent u heard of training like Steel hand, Steel body, Iron palm, etc? Wateva, dont believe me if u dont want 2, I dont care U can find out about it urself if u want.
Please don't use text speak, as it breaks the ToS you agreed to when you signed up.

Please write words in full, thank you.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 05:18 AM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Im not lying my teacher was taught by a shaolin monk......Qigong practices breathing into the diaphram and then squeezing using your stomach to create pressure and therefore make your body hard also by using Chi, the training for these techniques are rare to obtain because the monks in shaolin keep it secret. Havent u seen on documentaries or whatever about the monks who have superhuman strength or breaking a spear with their neck? How do u thnk they do dat?
That's just one method of ch'i gung,packing.

As Shaolin is controlled by the government of the PRC and is heavily marketed to the outside world you have to ask why they've never sent a Gold Bell Cover type practitioner to be tested flesh vs. knives in clinical conditions outside China.

Because all the PRC Secret Service types are learning this so the PRC wants to keep it secret?

(Edit) If this training is kept secret and your teacher learned it then can we assume that your teacher was a disciple if not a lineage inheritor?

Last edited by El Medico; 30-Jun-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old 30-Jun-2014, 07:42 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Medico View Post
That's just one method of ch'i gung,packing.

As Shaolin is controlled by the government of the PRC and is heavily marketed to the outside world you have to ask why they've never sent a Gold Bell Cover type practitioner to be tested flesh vs. knives in clinical conditions outside China.

Because all the PRC Secret Service types are learning this so the PRC wants to keep it secret?

(Edit) If this training is kept secret and your teacher learned it then can we assume that your teacher was a disciple if not a lineage inheritor?

Agreed

"One of my teachers was a street fighter and biker-seriously

He fought in the streets and he rode with the Galloping Gooses

But he is always the first to state that his main lesson from these is to "stay away from trouble"

He told me he got his____beat many times and landed in jail

When he finally settled down, studied from a good martial art school, and with "aging", his whole outlook had changed

I state this in addition to;

"Just Because" one has a certain teacher with a certain level of training or rank, does not lend it to be that someone/student is actually going to achieve the same set of skill or rank

Lineage is one thing, but stating it boisterously to back up a discussion can produce refutation

....... for what its worth is to keep it real, martial arts are not always about fighting at all, even when your sparring. Sometimes its just about fitness and learning some technique. .

Last edited by 47MartialMan; 30-Jun-2014 at 07:46 PM.