3D Gym Reading

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by curious, Mar 18, 2006.

1. curious

curious Valued Member

Do any Mappers know of or train here?

As this is the closest Muay Thai gym and I would really like to give it a try. So i would just like to know what the training is like (if you do train there).

The coach is Andre McIntyre, anyone heard of him?

Curious

2. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Best way to find out is to go there and have a trail lesson, pretty much all martial arts gyms offer 1 free lesson, so give it a shot and see if it's right for you.

3. curious

curious Valued Member

I have phoned the guy. Still waiting for a response about a lesson time, this place only does private lessons. I do not think he gives free trial lessons but I am not sure about that.

Prices are £25 a lesson or £100 for 5 lessons pretty expensive.

Curious

4. Tri

Tri New Member

Are you freaking serious? My gym is $125 AUS for up to 5 days a week.

Sinosic-Perosh for those that are familiar with it. :)

5. curious

curious Valued Member

I know the only reason I would be willing to pay that is if the training is greta and the fact that its the only gym I can get to until I can drive or so how get to newbury, hours drive away parents aren't willing to drive that far.

EDIT: The coaching is one on one so that might be a reason for teh high prices.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  6. Talion_uk

Talion_uk Valued Member

Not sure if I’m getting mixed up here, but is/was Andre McIntyre one of the fighters to come out of Frank Bowen’s Thai Boxing School….may just be getting mixed up in that Frank promoted a lot of local shows.

Anyway not sure if you’ve been there, but have you popped into Kik Sports (14 Bristol & West Arcade, Friar Street)?

They should have details on local clubs up and running based on talking to the instructors/customers that visit their shop.

At the end of the day, as mentioned above best bet is probably to just give a lesson a go. That being said one major thing you are missing with just privates is a variety of people to spar with.

7. curious

curious Valued Member

True I have thought about the whole sparring thing but its the only school that I can get to. Still waiting for a reply, I got told I would get one last tuesday never did but ah well I can wait (I have phoned again so all i can do is wait).

I do not know a lot about the guy i know he has been in a few fights (just a bit og googling but I did not find much).

I'll give kik sports a try, as suggested, they are usually pretty good.

8. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

That is a ridiculously large amount of money to pay for classes! Though I guess it is the standard cost of a private lesson in most classes... still I can't imagine a gym ONLY running private classes that just seems odd.

Anyway don't know anything about the 3D Gym seen some of their fighters at the WBC thing in Wembley and they didn't do too well if I recall... but they produce fighters which is a good sign!

9. curious

curious Valued Member

thanks for the replies. I am still waiting on a reply from the gym. The only thing I have been able to find closs enough to me is a Kickboxing class so I am gonna give this a go on thursday.

Muay Thai might have to wait till I move or can drive

10. curious

curious Valued Member

Got a reply today :D

Found out they do not just do private coaching but new students do have to do an introductary course. www.3dmuaythai.com theres the website.

The chief intructor said for the moment to concentrate on my exams and then give him a call in july. So hopefully when all ym exams are done I can start training.

By the way thanks to MAP for the info and help esspecially the FAQ

Curious

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  11. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

i wouldnt pay that much even if they do produce fighters
    i know they have a few highish ranked fighters in the british ranks though

12. curious

curious Valued Member

the private session prices or the normal session prices? On the site the prices for the sessions are £7. Still though not sure if this is a bit expensive.

EDIT: How much is everyone else paying? UK guys only please.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  13. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

£7 is ok since they are are pretty well established gym no problems there but its a tad pricey.

i pay £4 a lesson or £32 a month for 3 sessions and 2 sparring sessions each week.

i wouldnt be able to afford £7 a lesson but if you got the cash go for it i know i would. KO's gym charges around the same, im sure alot of other top gyms do to (wikker camp, bad company) most offer a quid or 2 off to people with memberships.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  14. curious

curious Valued Member

Yeah tis pricey. Looks like its time for me to a get job :eek:

15. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

yes andre mcintrye was that world champion taught by frank bowen

his last fight was against jake els from south africa
    after that fight he was in hospital as it was an "elbow war"

16. curious

curious Valued Member

Well sorted it out now :D

My training in gonna start in july, as he is currently training for a show, I can't wait :D