Seeking FMA training partner in Kent, UK

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Kent Eskrima, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Kent Eskrima

Kent Eskrima New Member

Hi Everyone

I am currently looking or a FMA training partner. I have studied FMA for several years, both Doce Pares Escrima, and Warriors Escrima. I live in the mid Kent area, near the Medway towns and Maidstone. If there is anyone round who has trained in FMA before or is interested in training and lives nearby I would be happy to meet you. I train in all aspects of FMA empty hands, stick, knife, double weapons, and staff, etc.
    Please post here or message me if you are interested training.

Many Thanks

January 2016

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Another vote for Lee Banda, who was also my old teacher.

If you just want FMA, then go to Eskrimadors Gym in Medway.

Ian Forster is under GM Danny Guba and you'll not get much better on your doorstep.

http://www.eskrimadorsgym.co.uk/

4. Kent Eskrima

Kent Eskrima New Member

Thanks for your replies, I am really looking for a training partner not a club though, as I already have private lessons and I am looking for someone to practice some of the new things I have learnt there.

I am still currently looking...

Thanks for your help.

5. Simon

A training partner who does a different style will be of no use.

In what style do you have private lessons?

There aren't many instructors teaching FMA in Kent, so are they teaching a class where you can get together with a student?

6. Kent Eskrima

Kent Eskrima New Member

Hi

Thanks again for your post, actually I would be happy to have a training partner who practiced a different style, I have studied various forms of FMA over the last ten years and some other martial arts and I am currently on an instructor programme myself.
    I would be more than happy to have a training partner so that we may practice the parts of the art which are most applicable to ourselves.
    I also hope to develop my skills and explore both the art and self defence side of FMA and would be more than happy to exchange knowledge and techniques with partners regardless of style.

Thanks for your comment.

I am still currently looking for a training partner...

7. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

I maybe available. PM me for a chat

8. 24069nb

24069nb New Member

Hi,

We're a Guba Doce Pares group training in Sevenoaks. We often spar and it's a really good class, small and friendly. Might be a good place to get some more training/practice in?

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Welcome.

10. ghostwalker808

ghostwalker808 New Member

FMA In Kent

I'm looking for some FMA training in Kent too, I'm based in Maidstone. I spent a year studying in London at Hybrid FMA, but need something more local and want to keep up my skills.

I'd like to take a look at the Eskiramdors Gym in Medway, but the website is down and I'm struggling to find any contact details. Does anyone know how to get in touch with them? Hopefully it's still going.

Cheers

Paul

11. Simon

Hi and welcome to MAP.

I teach in Maidstone and am also friends with the team at Eskrimadors.

I'll sent an email to the email address you used to register with their details and mine.

Hopefully one of us can get you training again.

12. ghostwalker808

ghostwalker808 New Member

That's great thanks very much, I'll look forward to the email, really didn't want to give up after getting through the first year. Cheers Paul

13. Simon

Just sent you an email with links to three other FMA schools within distance, in addition to my details.

Happy hunting.

14. my_names_dave

my_names_dave New Member

Hello, I'm based in Dover and have also been looking for some FMA schools / teachers etc in the area without much joy. Realistically given the driving distance Maidstone is probably the furthest I could get to, so if anyone knows any schools from there down that would be great. Or anyone willing to teach privately?

15. Simon

Welcome to MAP.

Keep an eye on this thread, as I'll ask some questions of some friends and see what I can find near you.

16. my_names_dave

my_names_dave New Member

Thank you very much Simon.

17. Simon

I've sent a message to an FMA group in Chatham and asked the question on our Twitter account.

Hopefully we'll get you a club to check out.

18. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Also looking for someone near Sheppey in Kent if anyone on here can help. To study anything - I have a mixed back ground and willing to study anything!

19. mark77

mark77 New Member

're FMA in the medway area

Hi everyone.
    I'm also looking to find places to train in the FMA. I'm based on medway so any local suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

20. Simon