MT a good idea?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by hewho, Oct 7, 2013.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

so I've been thinking about starting MT but most of the guys I know that do it are either a lot longer limbed or a lot stockier than me, is that often a problem? (5'7 ish and between 8 and 9 stone atm, and done a couple of years of boxing) also has anyone heard much about Spartan MMA in shrewbury?

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I don't know much about the club you mentioned, but I do know that just about anybody can do Muay Thai and enjoy it. You will learn through sparring and drills how to adapt to different opponents, and you'll find out how to improve your strengths and what weaknesses you need to work on.

Having a Boxing background will help allot, however be aware that Muay Thai is square on, not side on when it comes to its foot work. Go check it out and have fun.

3. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Muay Thai is always a good idea!

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

MT is a terrible idea. It's people punching and kicking and elbowing each other for fun!

Baking is much more productive. At least you get a cake at the end of it.

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

And you can wear a hilarious apron with a naked body on it that is clearly not your own when baking. Beats a pair of satin-like shorts with some indecipherable text on them any day.

(Do MT).

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You cover yourself with an apron?

You prude.

Full contact nekkid baking. It's the next big thing. :D

7. Bozza Bostik

Of course, the amount of body hair I have. No one likes to find hair in their food...no one.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Ah you see at the top level nekkid bakers are as streamlined as international swimmers.

You are obviously a novice. :D

One day Grasshopper, one day.

9. Bozza Bostik

I couldn't afford the razors.

And my most toppestest level is becoming as streamlined as Duncan Goodhew....I'm not sensitive about it, ok!!????

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

11. hewho

hewho Valued Member

meh, I got done with full contact nekkid cake baking after I got beaten up by a fairy. Elbbows and punches sound much better! cheers guys :)

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

edit

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  13. hewho

hewho Valued Member

sorry?

14. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

posted in the wrong thread, sorry!

15. Oldi

Oldi Valued Member

On my way home from training I had to stop for fuel. This was my first time in my thai shorts in public and I enjoyed the admiring reaction. No unintelligible writing but I do have flames.

And yes, do MT. It's awesome.

16. hewho

hewho Valued Member

ah technology! XD oh man, reminds me of the time I had to walk through town in my cadets uniform :D random 13 year old in khaki and beret, nearly caused a car crash!

17. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Muay Thai is a good idea.

I don't know if you are still in the Shrewsbury area but I'd choose SBG shropshire over anywhere else in that town. No offence if you train elsewhere, I just know the area very well and it's the best coaching I've seen there.

18. hewho

hewho Valued Member

yeah, not moved yet. might have a look at schedules once work is sorted, trying to get enough to pay off my car, cheers :) as for the Thai, my shoulder is now a bit too knackered to hit things long term, had to stop Sanda as well

19. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

No worries.

Give em a look if you feel your shoulder can withstand the grappling. The coaches are top notch.

20. hewho

hewho Valued Member

it tends to be alright with grappling, it's just impact from hitting with it. (odd I know). If I can fit it in my schedule I will do, 1 session of traditional a week just isn't enough!