Fish's log...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Fish Of Doom, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

...and not of the toilet kind. starting a training log for great vengeance and glorious anti-procrastination.

everything done before now: disorganized mess, random exercises, huge lapses in workouts, etc. the meat anf potatoes of this you all know.

recently acquired a set lifting plan, currently researching the hell out of all the different lifts, and will test drive them next gym session to check technique and estimate appropriate weight amounts for each.

now suffering from random DOMS from hell, so my next session should be either tomorrow or the day after (then parkour on sat. and two subsequent gym sessions each week).

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Yay, another sensible soul posting his log! Go Fish! :D

3. Fish Of Doom

yeah, between mikey helping me by revamping my lifting workout, and having to post updates in the log, i'm hoping that this will help me be a little more consistent and efficient.

also, yesterday = about half an hour of assorted bagwork. need to plan those sessions out too.

4. Frodocious

Planning always helps me stick to a workout, because I'm OCD and hate missing a scheduled session. Also having to post up progress in a couple of places gives me the motivation to squeeze out the last reps when the temptation to quit is there. In the absence of a coach/training partner it really helps!

5. Fish Of Doom

WORD!

let us celebrate our agreement with cake.

6. Fish Of Doom

ok, tried out the upper body segment. just testing the waters, doing a set with an unloaded bar for 10 reps to test technique, then adding a bit of weight for light work sets.

the routine as mikey gave to me consists of bench press, seated military press, upright rows and bent-over rows, and finishing with trunk rotations and planks.

today at the gym i warmed up with bagwork, as usual, went about 25 minutes, doing 50 jabs, 50 crosses, 50 jab-cross combos, 50 jab-cross-hook combos, 50 low roundhouses and 50 mid-level (waist-high) roundhouses each side, all full power.

then tested my bench press, which sucks, doing 10 reps with an unloaded oly bar, and sort of 3x5 with 10 extra kilos. sort of because my father had the bad idea of calling me while i was in the middle of a set. *facepalm* (and not worth the trouble of ignoring the call, sadly).
    then i did the seated presses, did 5 first, but my grip was sucky, so i adjusted it so i could manage 10 reps, then added 5 kilos to the bar for 3x5.
    for upright rows i grabbed a 4' EZ curl bar (i'm told they're around 25 pounds/~11.5 kg unloaded?), so as not to fornicate my wrists in an ascending direction, again 10 reps, then 3x5 with 5 extra kilos.
    the bent over rows went kinda meh as my grip and wrists started to go (need to find and use a platform for the bar or just man up and use bigger plates so i can touch the bar to the floor and reset). 10 reps with unloaded oly bar, 3x10 with 2.5 extra kilos.
    since my lower back is sucky because of my hip flexors, i did pallof presses (an anti-rotation exercise) instead of trunk rotations. found out they're harder to do with a cable that's horizontal than with one that's above shoulder level. started testing 10 reps with the thing put on 10.2 kg on a high cable (bit above head-level for me), then ended up doing 3.5 with the same weight on a shoulder-level one (so it was roughly horizontal).

the planks i'll do later, and then spend a few days crying like a little baby over the inevitable DOMS (having to carry a tv antenna home afterwards didn't help. i hate the norwegian postal service).

7. Fish Of Doom

also have a written record of technique pointers i had trouble with or was getting wrong, so i can think/ask/research on them until next upper body session when i can work on them.

8. Fish Of Doom

i am sore! yaaaay!

very little soreness on triceps though. that'll probably follow once my chest and anterior delts get stronger and i start increasing the weights.

9. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Seems a lot of cardio before lifting. I was generally told off for doing much more than 5 minutes plus a bit of foam rolling.

I think an EZ curl bar is around 10kg

When I do power cleans and clean + overhead press from the floor with smaller plates (in my gym anything smaller than a 15kg plate) I usually prop up the bar on wooden blocks and tyres so they are more or less the same height as a standard plate

10. Fish Of Doom

ow :)

also, slight amounts of smr today. massaging my left shoulder and both forearms before they decide to fall off. ow :D

11. Fish Of Doom

and also, OW!

12. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

LMAO! So I take it you're pleased?

13. Frodocious

Isn't it disturbing the number of people on MAP who get excited when they're in pain! ;) :)

14. Fish Of Doom

but it hurts so GOOD!

15. B3astfrmthe3ast

B3astfrmthe3ast Warning:Extreme power!!

if your trying to gain size fish DONT FORGET TO EAT BRO

and sleep as much as possible

16. Bigmikey

Straight up GOSPEL!

17. Fish Of Doom

parkour later today. still a bit sore. and it's cold and rainy. should be fun :D.

18. Fish Of Doom

survived parkour (didn't do much anyway), but my pecs and deltoids still hurt from mikey's arm hell extravaganza. let's see how i fare on the leg day... (presumably on monday)

19. Bigmikey

ATTA BOY FISHY!!!

20. Fish Of Doom

i think if i do it any later than monday, combined with parkour next week i'll be walking funny until next month.