Sometimes we all need reminding of the basics

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by icefield, Apr 24, 2017.

1. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Spot on Post from Stan Efferding

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

In case anyone doesn't know him....

[​IMG]

chatter box likes this.
  3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I believe the only man to hold both a pro body builder card and set multiple world records in powerlifting, also a very smart man who is the guy people like Thor go to to get stronger and perform better

4. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Thanks for posting this icefield--I find basically all your posts are great information.

Knee Rider likes this.
  5. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

Apparently he sleepwalks to the needle exchange?

6. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Great article. Thanks for posting it!

7. icefield

icefield Valued Member

bump because this year Thor has been on a streak in strongman he has won two of the big three comps already and whilst winning the Arnolds he set a new deadlier world record on the elephant bar which looked easy

And in winning the Europeans he did one of the top 5 heaviest log presses of all time
    And something like a 13kg pb

I mention this because Thor has recently worked with Stan on his diet and recovery his training is still the same under the Same coach not Stan, simple stuff such as getting his diet in order, getting his sleep patterns down, getting blood work done has taken Thor from an athletic strongman considered statically weak to one of the strongest men of all time

axelb likes this.
  8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Honestly that article makes me feel happier about lifting weights.

axelb likes this.
  9. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Why does it make it seem simplier and less complicated?

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yeah. I get so nervous about it all :/

11. icefield

icefield Valued Member

That's funny coming from someone who has competed in MMA and Thai lol, compared to that lifting is easy!

Lifting is fairly easy and uncomplicated but that doesn't sell books or make coaches money so they try to complicate it. But what worked 50 years ago still works now, basic heavy lifting, resting and eating

axelb likes this.
  12. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

You see the guy before Hafsor? I honestly thought he was going to die, blood coming out of his nose and mouth from that deadlift. Hope the guy got checked after :/

13. icefield

icefield Valued Member

That was the Russian I think?

he a sight lol, big Z always bleeds on deads and squats it's the increase is blood pressure I think, some go light headed like Eddie when he did 500kg, others bleed, spotting the deadlift is always fun at comps it doesn't happen often but when someone passes out holding 300kg it can be interesting

Grond and axelb like this.
  14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Bloody nose in question...

(but graphic if you're squeamish, but you are on a Martial Arts site soooo......
    )

axelb likes this.