I'm shedding the pounds.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AndrewTheAndroid, May 13, 2015.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Hi, it's been awhile since I posted on MAP. Anyway, I've been "dieting" for the last 2 and a half months and so far have lost nearly 35 lbs.

I'm not on any particular diet, as I eat pretty much what I want. The difference from before is that I log everything that I eat and count my calories.

Another thing about my diet is that I no longer drink any calories aside from the occasional smoothie or meal replacement. I don't drink any soda's or alcohol. I just drink water and Chinese Loose Leaf Tea.

I haven't exercised much in the past month because my rapid weight loss triggered a gout attack which I originally thought might have been a sprain. However despite the fact that I was on crutches for nearly two weeks and unable to do a serious workout for the two weeks after that, I still lost a lot of weight.

My main workout so far has been long walks/hikes. However I am adding in more body weight exercises and lower body weighted exercises. I also plan to start running in the coming weeks.

It should be noted that I am deliberately not doing any upper body work because I am in the process of getting a shoulder injury fixed.

At the beginning of my journey I was 286.5 and now am at 253.5. I don't plan on stopping until I am 185.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

good job.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Keep it up, lad.

Well done.

4. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

I've found that leaving easy sugars in candy and soda, and leaving alcohol, makes a significant difference too. It is one of the easier lifestyle changes to make, with the biggest impact.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good to see you posting here again.

Glad you have a positive target in view.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pure inspiration! Well done man!

Do you carry a lot of body fat or are you just one of those "dense" guys?

7. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Up until about 5 years ago I was quite lean and muscular. For a few personal reasons I stopped working out and slowly put the weight on. Until last year I didn't think of myself as fat because I wear my weight quite well.

8. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

cutting alcohol out in my case lost me 42lb in 3 months, well done on yours mate

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That's really impressive, well done!

Mitch