Lopsided biceps

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Smaug97, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Ok so as you can guess my biceps look like they're becoming uneven (right bigger than left) I'm right handed so kinda makes sense i guess - but I've been seeing conflicting advice on what to do- some people say it'll go away some say do more work on that arm or just do the same and just focus on technique- what's your guys take?

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Work both arms normally.

Training one side more than the other will lead to an imbalance.

It's perfectly natural and I always thought my right tricep was better than my left.

You are right to say you should just focus on technique. Perform the technique, squeeze the life out of it at the top of the movement and don't forget mental muscle.

Really focus on the muscle performing the technique.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

My right deltoid is non existant compared to my left.
    However, unless you're going for some Bodybuilder comp, leave it and train normally. As this is perfectly (altho annoying) natural.

When I injured my knee, it was essentially inactive for months compared to the other leg and it lost a lot of mass. So for the longest while to get the strength back, I would train normally but add in an extra set for that leg (not on leg day tho)

Also no one would really notice. Its not like someone from across the road will run up to you, out of breath from trying to stop you and say...

"Hey man, not sure if you knew...but your biceps don't match in size"
    Fist bump. Then leave.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

This is not a thread I can engage in and not be banned.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No it isn't....but with you isn't that true of most threads? :D