Would you rather fight a boxer or thai fighter?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saved_in_Blood, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Both would be a walk in the park.

The boxer would be knocked spark out with a spinning hook kick.

The Thai boxer would be preoccupied doing his ram-muay before the fight, he wouldn't see me running up behind him with a shovel.

Taekwondo fighters are the ones you have to be careful of.

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Only in the showers.

Don't drop the soap lads... :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I lol'd so damn hard, this was just wonderful to watch :D

It's alright, most TKD peeps are only good with their feet, they probably wouldn't know what to do with the rest of 'em :D

==========

Depends on the rule set TBH. If grappling is allowed I'd take the boxer. I don't fancy eating a knee to the face while going in :p. If not, I'd spar with the muay thai guy. I'd get horribly, horribly beaten to a flabby pulp, but at least I can use my feet!

4. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I would study them both and pick the one with the better technique. He is more likely to do it correct and and less likely to confuse me with a what the heck was that move that neither of us was sure about. I stress more about the randomness of the amature than the pro. The tru experts get me worried for a different
    reason. Fact is I would rather fight the one with 20 yrs over the guy with 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

General reminder: abbreviating swearing counts as masking it. There has been a gradual increase in the number of people using this sort of masking to get round the ToS over the last few months, please stop doing it.

The rules state:

Thank you for your future cooperation with this rule. :)

6. daggers

daggers Valued Member

But unless you are proficient in both then how are you going to know what he's going to do?

7. raaeoh

Good point. If i have no real knowledge of either then i would fight the boxer because of mystical belief of MA in general. Plus boxer's dont round house. I have been knocked our by a round house from no where.

8. raaeoh

You are right about tkd folk. They are truly underrated. Mostly due to brand recoginition. I am still afraid enough to spread anti tkd facfoids. ;)

9. raaeoh

I admit my mistake and take my flogging with shame.

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

You would be surprised at how a hook or unseen cross can knock you out just as easy, lol.

11. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Valued Member

I'd twerk early, brave I know, but it would be to get them to swing at my tight booty. I'd be twerking with my own staff ( ;D ) nearby to block, counter, re-twerk. That's an ideal situation.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMGtURk9OCU"]2003 11 18 Masato vs Vince Phillips - YouTube[/ame]

12. raaeoh

13. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

well... this comment was a bit... scary? lol

14. Ero-Sennin

Hey man, you've got to drop it like it's hot if you want to win.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtDKLUTVOV4"]Dem White boys Drop it like its hot Vine - YouTube[/ame]

15. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

I'd much rather fight a boxer, at least with them I could kick their legs over and over till I can run faster than them.

16. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

The Thai fighter based on "of equal skill in their time set of their respected arts". I prefer a challenge.

17. DekuTurk

DekuTurk Valued Member

Uuurghhh, old people.... Losing there dreams and motivations and "Oi! - no swearing/masked profanity".
    That's why I gotta find that life elixir!
    But for real, what happened to your passion man, why doesn't anybody want to fight someone harder, I really am surprised.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  18. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

If you're calling Ero old you must be what,15?

Well,I'll give you an old person's perspective on why not wanting to fight someone harder-------

I didn't read anything in the scenario about getting paid for it.

'Nuff said!

19. Ero-Sennin

Lol, my passion isn't gone, I just know how to direct it better. I've been injured quite a bit in my life. MA related injuries include a broken hand, a severely strained ligament in my elbow that I never got looked at which still causes me problems today, a back injury that left me incapacitated for a week, bruising so bad in my thigh I couldn't bend my leg for two weeks, and recently a traumatic brain injury that has claimed nearly a year of my life (literally, I can't even leave my apartment much). This is all MA related, never mind another broken hand, a torn MCL in my knee, a toe I smashed severely, heat stroke once and heat exhaustion multiple times, another TBI I wasn't aware of from an IED blast, and hemorrhoids that are activated when I don't eat enough fiber.

Notice I'm leaving out the multiple bruises, busted noses, bloodily lips, black eyes and general soreness that comes with MA. I like that stuff, and I can move around the next day fine so I don't count them.

Whenever I'm training I want to train with the people who are the best in an environment that is safe (which doesn't always work out that way). That's the only way to get better and eventually find yourself being described as a "good" martial artist in whatever you're doing. In a fight however, that's totally different. Severe injury becomes much more real, and it sucks when you have to put your life on halt to heal (especially if it takes a year, which is a situation I'm currently in from brain injury).

You seem to have latched onto this warrior spirit idea that's thrown out a lot, and I understand as I bought into it. After multiple injuries and serving in the military where people have actually tried to kill me and have successfully killed people I know, this ideal of "let me fight the strongest for honor!" is kind of asinine. Screw that. If I have to fight (with rules or without) I want to win as quick as possible. If I don't have rules I'll cheat left and right to my advantage. When severe injury or your life is on the line, the ideals of an honorable fight go right out the window.

This is why when you mess with older people for fun (rough housing) they escalate the use of force to the max instantly. They don't want no part of that mess. :p

20. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Valued Member

Less scary in context of the reply. Gotta bring an A game.

Another boxer vs kicks

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNB5cqdmIUQ"]Red Scorpion ÐлекÑей Игнашов vs Artur Williams - YouTube[/ame]