Nunchucks vs Nunchucks

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Slindsay, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Strange question but how exactly does it work when two people with nunchucks fight each other?

Anyone got any video clips of it or stuff like that, I am very curios to see what it looks like, I just dont get it, you cant really bloke with nunchucks, all you can do is try to hit each other right? Anyway, I would love to see some clips of people fighting against each other if anyone has them?

2. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

I find nunchaku vs nuchaku fights very interesting to watch. Bruce Lee is primarily responsible for these matches even existing today. He was also the first one to introduce tournament sparring with weapons. Some great footage of a choregraphed fight utilizing these weapons can be seen in Lee's final movie, "the game of death" . Its at one of the closing scenes in the movie when hes in the pagoda. Another memorable scene from the movie is when he fights the same vilian using only a bamboo whip, while the opponent used double sticks.

3. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

LOL, it was watching that very movie that prompted me to ask the question!

I fou8nd it was interesting to watch the fight but the camera angles kinda spoiled it a little for me, it's the reason I am interestd in seeing some real nunchuck fights if it is possible.

4. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

You can actually block with nunchaku. You can pull the chain tight or use the ends like short sticks to block.

Some fotage would be cool.

5. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

At my old dojo we used to spar with nuchaku against nunchaku. Maybe if we had had more skill it would have been amusing to watch, but as it was we usually just wound up getting them tangled together.:eek:

Actually, once we got the hang of it, it was quite a challenging exercise. Blocking I found difficult because you had to catch one end usually right after you swung it as someone was attacking. With foam ones this was no problem really, but I imagine with wooden ones it would be an entirely different story.

Don't know how useful it was - but it sure was fun!!!!!:p

6. Jackie Li

Jackie Li Valued Member

Ya I'm sure it is fun. I wish I had the chance to spar with nunchakus.