What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Really loving this game. Graphics are great, game play is addictive (the batmobile is a bit annoying), just all round fun.

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Is this actually any better than the last few Batman games?

Arkham Asylum was amazing. It was so much fun.

Arkham City was pretty good. Some nice villains in a pretty setting, but otherwise pretty much same old.

Arkham Origins made me want to gouge my face off out of boredom.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It's Batman.

4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I love all of the Arkham games, but so far "Knight" blows the first three away.

The general gameplay is still similar to the previous, but the batmobile adds several new elements of gameplay, without the whole game being about the car.

5. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Really? My biggest complaint of the game (which I otherwise think is fantastic) is that the car is mandatory for the vast majority of stuff in the game.

6. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I was a bit worried that I would just end up using the car for everything, so I'vse been making a lot of effort to travel on foot or by gliding. It crcally helps to get away from the car-centric work.

7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I finally finished "The Wolf among us" and got the last missing fable.
    And it only took two Ps3 and my savefile in the cloud as a life saver - because my used save file got corupted. Twice.
    It's really a shame, that they didn't at least patch the game properly.
    In case there ever will be second game of it, right now I'm not sure, if I would get that :(

Anyway, I also started up "Batman: Arkham Asylum".
    For the third time.
    Maybe I will actually finish it this time, who knows? :rolleyes: :D

8. GojuShotokan

GojuShotokan Valued Member

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City and Dragon Age 2

9. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

I'm sorry.

10. GojuShotokan

GojuShotokan Valued Member

why are you apologising?

11. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I actually did finish Batman this time around :D
    The story anyway.

Now I'm about to start the challenges.
    The Predator challenges seem to be fun, but to be fair I only did the first so far :rolleyes:
    The combat challenges... well, I played the first one or two. And hardly managed to get enough points for the first bat/ star; not quite sure how I am supposed to get three stars on one challenge, let alone all three lol

Might not go for the plat that time around and most certainly not without starting another game.
    Maybe "Saint's Row IV", not sure yet.

12. LemonSloth

Not much to add.

=====

Gears of War 3 was free to download, so I played through that once.

Honestly, I just found it tedious this time round. I loved the trilogy the first time, but this time...eh. I think without having played through the first two games again recently, I just couldn't be bothered with the story by the third game or the characters.

The game play itself wasn't terribly challenging either. The only times I died is when I derped and forgot the controls, wasn't paying attention or fell asleep playing it :p.

=====

Game of Thrones, episode 5. Loving the game. Fantastic. Things like everything is literally on a knife-edge right now. Also, the way things are going, my way of politics is going to get me slaughtered in King's Landing.

The ending of episode 5 though...man, I was so depressed. I just put down the controller, turned the console off and just walked away shaking my head. I felt awful.

=====

Life is strange, episode 4. This is arguably becoming my favourite game of this year, even more than Game of Thrones, Watch Dogs or anything else I've played. A lot of the characters are very cliche which was off-putting at first. But the story is beautifully written, the main character actually comes across as a real nerdy, angsty teenager and the game creators seem to have listened to the fans and dropped the odd bit that was annoying players (like the excessive use of the word "hella"). The visuals are a little cartoonish but beautiful to look at and although the game play isn't terribly intense or active, the story is thoroughly gripping.

I have to say though, I was really excited to play this after Game of Thrones episode 5. After something so depressing, I needed something to cheer me up.

...I was even more depressed and stunned at the end of episode 4 of Life is Strange than I was in Game of Thrones episodes 1 and 5. Which is saying a lot. Gutted I have to wait now for the final episode. I desperately want to know how the game ends and what happens to the main character & the town.

Highly recommend it for people who haven't played it when episode 5 comes out. For a company with literally only a couple of titles to its' name (Remember Me & one other I forget by Dontnod Entertainment), I'm thoroughly excited to see what they do in the future. They seem to have a surprising knack for good story lines.

13. LemonSloth

Also have to add Final Liberation to the list of games I've been playing recently. Made for the PC in the late 90's and after almost two decades, I still suck so badly at it.

Thanks Fish :p

14. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Batman Arkham Knight. The same as Arkham city but with the batmobile this time. Had it since Saturday and played it once. It is basically Arkham city which was an ok game. Asylum was the best in the series in my opinion. My attention is drawn in all directions with both city and knight. I'l, play through it to finish it.

Baza

15. VoidKarateka

VoidKarateka Valued Member

After a complete internet outage the other day I am reliving the utterly fantastic and mega solid Baldur's Gate.

I decided to play a real evil character this time though. Big mistake. The Flaming Fist are a fairly merciless bunch if you've committed some serious crimes. You can't be evil and stupid, hacking up posh folk in Candlekeep is never a good option....

16. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Back in Star Wars The Old Republic MMORPG. Game is working really smoothly now, and it has a good F2P model.

17. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Started "Dragon Age: Origins" again a few days ago, after I started it some years ago and then stopped for some reason, I don't even remember.

So far I'm playing pretty much the same I played before, but I'm not far in.

Next playthrough will be as a bad guy; first time ever that I'm actually looking forward to play a bad character.
    (I'm a wuss; I actually feel bad when I'm rude to virtual people ;) :D )

All now and then in between I will probably work on some bounties and levelling up in "Diablo III" :bang:

18. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

On month 2 of ingress real world real time capture the flag. Kinda game.

I am hooked on this game. Be warned. It will seduce you and claim all of your free time

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Still playing "Dragon Age: Origins".

Combat feels a bit slow (even though I love RPGs), but to be fair I think I'm missing something there.
    Aside from that a game I still really am enjoying!

One of the next games will probably be: "Lego: Jurassic World", since a buddy of mine will lend me the game :D

Did anyone here play "White Night"?
    It seems to be interesting concept and is on sale for $6 in the US PSN store.
    Since finally a Ps4 might find its way here, I'm a bit tempted :thinking:

Btw - am I the only person who's missing a thread in which you ask about experience with certain games? :Angel:

20. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Usually I try to avoid double posts (try!) but I thought, I'd give that thread a little bump.

Finally got a Ps4, because 20% off were too good a deal to pass.

Since I don't really own any games other then those I got due to ps+ or cross-buy from other games, I started "Journey" on Ps4 as well.
    As beautiful as I remembered it.
    I actually don't know, why I didn't play it all now and then.

Next on the cross-buy list was "Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition".
    I still like the game, it's still fun.
    Not entirely sure, if starting it on grim instead on normal was the best idea at first though.
    Some places I dread to visit at that difficulty without remembering too much of the maps :D
    Looking forward to the (former/ ps3) DLC, which was added to the main game, even though I'm afraid it might be a tad too difficult.
    In case it isn't I will probably get the DLC on Ps3 as well.
    We'll see.

Last on the list of games that get started, before I actually finished one: I lent it from a buddy - "Zombie Army Trilogy".

Nazi Zombies.

What's more to say?
    It can't be bad, right?
    I mean: Nazi Zombies!
    Come one!

And it's from the same people who did "Sniper Elite".
    Want to get the third game of that series in the future, because I finally want to play one of these games.