What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

I'm playing that too.

I absolutely hated the Witcher 3 first time round... Tried to go back a few times. This time it's just clicked for me and I'm loving it. Had to download blood and wine to fix novigrad mess which was a shame but I was probably going to get it anyway so no biggie.

2. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I know what you mean I had to come back to it and now I am hooked, have not even started the Blood and Wine DLC yet. Apart from the annoying quest with Ciri and the tower (won't spoil it if you haven't done this yet), the quality of the quests and hidden secrets is astounding. DLC maps are actually bigger than the vanilla main game maps.

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[​IMG]

I've yet to find a more educational, entertaining game. The entire thing plays like you're the manager and pilot of a space program. You need to conduct experiments, visit different worlds, research new technology. There's relatively little violence (unless your experiments go awry) and it feels really, really satisfying when the spaceship you've constructed is able to land safely on a different world and bring your Kerbalnauts home.

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I have yet to get my head around Elite Dangerous which I rage quit as I couldn't get the hang of the controls.. might look at this at some point.

5. philosoraptor

It's honestly really difficult without an added plugin for planning your maneuvers. I've played a lot of flight sims, but this is a different level. You need to figure out Hohmann transfers, orbits, etc., etc. All very physics based.

[​IMG]

On the upside, the fact that it's physics based really opens things up for creativity. You can send robots, rovers, satellites, refueling space stations, science stations, hell, you can build your ships in outer space if you want.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Currently liberating New York City in The Division. It reminds me of The Last of Us in some ways. I'm lone wolfing it because the matchmaking system is teaming me up with idiots who can't shoot straight.

7. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

That space gamec looks a bit too much like having a job for my liking ;)

8. philosoraptor

Anytime that happens you get creative.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7X43x4lZo"]Kerbal Space Program: Stupid Mayhem #1 - YouTube[/ame]

9. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm definitely going to investigate Space Program. It looks like the kind of game I'll love!

10. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Playing Warband with Floris mod.

I hope that developers of the former are kicking back some of the revenue to developers of the latter

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Floris is an amazing mod. Have you tried Brytenwalda? its easily the best mod available for Warband? I would say it is better than Viking Conquest IMO.

Mount and Blade is probably my favourite PC game series and mainly because of the huge amount of mods available.

12. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

Currently very badly hooked on Halcyon 6. Just one... more... turn... (not turn-based actually, but god, does it ever still apply...)

13. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I'm currently playing Assassins Creed Black Flag. Its ok.

14. philosoraptor

YAY a convert! If nothing else, it really gives you a sense of appreciation for how absolutely balls out insane the early space program was, the marriage of bravery and intelligence, and an intuitive sense of the physics involved.

[​IMG]

I mean, here I am trying to just establish an orbit and look at what the pros are doing!

15. Rand86

For real. Million and one little gameplay tweaks that make the game so much better without making it any less challenging.

16. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Warband Gekokujo mod. I get to fight with Musashi by my side, very happy days

17. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

As much as I am a massive fan of Warband I have never tried this mod. Guess I prefer the western knight angle. will give it a go. Messing around with the dismemberment mod in Vanilla..Good times.

18. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

So, I'm feeling like bumping this thread.

I finished "The Technomancer" a few weeks back and actually liked most of it.
    The end was a bit too repetitive, because you had to walk the same way to and through, which would have needed improvement.
    But aside from that I really enjoyed the game.

It was rather difficult, so I actually started to play it on easy.
    I admit though: I should have worked more with the crafting system.

Also played to indies:
    "Beyond eyes", which had an intense ending and was a nice idea of a game, but for me it felt too slow.
    I admit shamefully, that this had me bored and even annoyed at times, even though it makes sense that it is slow.
    But it was just *too* slow.
    I did like the ending though, and the idea of the game was nice at the least.

"Gone Home" was also sort of fun.
    And short.
    But since it was "free" with Ps+ I didn't mind.
    The story was well told.
    Minor spoiler, because I won't say anything about the actual ending, but only how I felt what the hints were aiming at:
    I really expected the sister to hang dead in the attic

I pre-ordered "Rise of the Tomb Raider" for Ps4 (only two days before release, but it's still a pre-order :rolleyes: ;) ).
    So I'm currently playing that.
    Haven't finished it yet, I am at 60% at moment and haven't taken a look at the MP or Croft Manor.
    Played the Baba Yaga DLC so far, and liked that one as well.
    I thought it was obvious who Baba Yaga would be though

I also spent *wayyyy* too much money on the Resident Evil sale a few weeks back, so next is probably a lot, or too much, Resident Evil :rolleyes:

19. Rand86

Still playing Floris, and I'm finally beginning to get the hang of manual blocking. :D

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Anyone else here played No Man's Sky?

Great concept at first glance, but very quickly gets a bit naff.