Edmond claims Rousey would beat Holm in Boxing...

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

UFC is doing fine. The only thong you're right about SiB is that nobody is even close to Rhonda. Everyone else is fair game and it's all exciting!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  4. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Right, but in boxing, even if you have a belt or are the "champ", everyone still knows who the best is. A lot of boxers don't care as much about belts anymore since the public is now onto all of the promo junk and the fact is that we all just want to see our favorite fighters fight... some don't even care who their opposition is. I would say aside from belts and mandatory fights that both Manny and Floyd for instance are still fighting the top guys in their divisions.. the issue is that the mandatory challengers do not present lucrative fights, so they don't happen.

As far as White goes... he mentions Floyd and boxing a lot. Let's say for one second that Floyd called Dana and said "yeah, i'll come fight said fighter"... i'd wager any amount of money that he would make more than ANY of his fighters have made in probably their entire career in a single fight without Floyd even being a UFC fighter.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Same as it was with Lesnar - never underestimate the "freak show" factor :)

6. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Yes indeed... the thing about combat sports now is that it's all show business... it's not so much about the combat. It's a circus.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Always was really - right back to Jack Johnson for the real genesis of the modern "spectacle" fighter

8. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

HEY! I AM NOT A CIRCUS!!!! :)