Agent Coulson is a Brown Belt!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Pretty In Pink, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Probably programmed into him when they started messing around with his brain in Tahiti. :)

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I thought I'd seen him do some sort of flying triangle choke, suddenly that makes sense!

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Its a magical place.

5. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

I don't watch that show but that's pretty cool. Ed O'Neill is a black belt and I just found out Sam Harris (philosopher, not an actor btw) also trains. For those who follow soccer, Bixente Lizarazu (defender for the French team who won the '98 world cup) started training after he retired from professional soccer and won the European championship in the blue belt senior light weight division in '09. I think he's a purple belt now.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah you can see Ed O'Neil is some "Gracie Breakdown" videos, they keep calling him Uncle, because he's been with the family for so long.

7. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

8. icefield

icefield Valued Member

i always wonder how legit these guys belts are, between filming and tv show commitments and insurance issues i wonder how many actually roll in class and not just take privates and roll with an instructor thats going easy on them

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

There's absolutely no reason to be suspicious. The guy made brown belt in 12 years - hardly a fast tracked student.

Edit: And if you watch the interview, they literally go through every one of your points in the first 7 minutes.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Having a massive amount of time off between gigs, having planty of cash for privates and traveling and training around could also help them get good too.

It depends on the instructors integrity really.

Ive heard Guy Ritchie is great but really rough to roll with.

11. Dead_pool

Tori spelling......

Attached Files:

12. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

The private only students I have met have left a lot to be desired. If he rolls with other students his rank or higher regularly other than just an instructor I am sure he is pretty good. However, if he is just rolling with the instructor because he cannot make regular classes or does not want to then well........ he might be okay.

13. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

He says that his instructor will bring in other people of the same grade or higher for him to roll with.

Whilst I agree that rolling with a lot of different people is desirable, if you're mainly going to roll with one person, a high level black belt seems to be a pretty good option.

14. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

The wonders of Photoshop! :D

15. Dead_pool

16. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius