Why Not Caring About What Others Think of You Can Improve Your Sanity and Peace

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Endolphins, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Many times we find ourselves looking for approval or validation outside of ourselves and this can lead to much unhappiness and disillusionment.

I've found that true approval comes from within. Love Thyself and you will never be alone :heart:

That is why one should never be afraid to live in their authentic self, free from the worries of what others think, as long as one is not hurting or imposing on others of course.

This is one of the greatest shackles you can remove from yourself because it allows you to not be constrained by the limitations, impositions or inaccurate perceptions of others no matter what.

When you are integrous to yourself and your values, you will stand in your own light, truth and self realization because only you can my friends. Nobody else can do it for you. Then you gradually move into a space of imperturbability, where nothing and nobody may bother you anymore, as much as they try.

Courageousness, Acceptance, Peace

It takes some mindfulness and practice, but it can be done by stilling the mind.

Then life becomes a pleasure, because you become wild and free to be and do you, regardless of any limitations, impositions or skewered perceptions placed upon you.

They become like water falling off a duck's back, effortlessly and with ease leaving you that much more free to live in your potential.

Make it a great one,

:D

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Thelema

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Surely if you have to write a self-confirming public message about not caring what others think, something has gone awry in your method?

4. Hannibal

Especially if you melt down when questioned in another thread

5. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

6. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRYRfyFi8lM"]Lester Levenson "Top State and Beyond Desire" - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing talk, worth listening to with an open mind :)

7. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

8. Ero-Sennin

Where the hell is my bonsai tree? :cool:

9. David Harrison

That's just full of dogmatic "experts" with their years of training and expertise. YouTube is where all the true knowledge is!

10. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I'm working on it! Got a box, gonna wire it in and send it on Monday.

Sorry :[

11. Ero-Sennin

Totally fine! I just thought I would try and make this thread useful in SOME capacity :)

12. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

I like to read as well, have some books (not enough as I'd like) but can't get anymore at the moment because of Greece's capital controls, preventing us from ordering anything from outside of the country and it's difficult to find the books I'm looking for in English this side.

But I make due with what I can, Youtube included.

13. David Harrison

Man, that sucks! :(

14. Theidiot

Theidiot New Member

Or as a great philosopher once wrote, naughty naughty very naughty.

Actually no. That's the wrong great philosopher. Another great philosopher, Lao Tze, wrote, if you care what others think, you become their captive.

15. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Hmm...

There is a wealth of Christian thought and philosophy out there, from recognised authorities over the centuries. Why not start with them?

Others more knowledgeable than I may guide you better, but Thomas Aquinas might be a good place to start:
    "Happiness is secured through virtue; it is a good attained by man's own will."

Mitch

16. Ero-Sennin

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

CRISCO FOR THE CRISCO GOD

These things have always brought me happiness. Nirvana even.

17. Hannibal

I was always taught happiness is a cigar called Hamlet.....or am I now showing my age?

18. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

Thank you for sharing. I am not Christian though or any other denomination.

19. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Me neither, I just listened to as much as I could stand of the video you posted and it mentioned Christ, plus the quote seemed apposite.

My point still stands; I don't understand why anyone decides to go to a youtube populist rather than an acknowledged authority who has influenced thought for centuries?

If I want to engage with philosophy I'm going to research known philosophers as my basis.

Mitch

20. Endolphins

Endolphins Valued Member

I like to explore the known and the unknown ;)